ᴘᴀʀᴛ 22

༻𝐆𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐚 𝐏𝐨𝐯༺

"Push, my lady!" the nurse encouraged.

I cried and almost crushed Adon's hand as he stood firmly beside me.

I admired his effort to comfort me, but giving birth hurt too much to simply remain calm.

Even as the place between my legs was on fire, feeling this heavy baby hit my chest was a load of relief.

After getting cleaned up and tended to, I held the baby to my breast to feed.

A girl.

The nurse came in with a clipboard in hand, "Decided what you'd name her?"

I hadn't seen Oridan for almost a year, but as I told him before he left me, I'd always love him, and it will always be him.

Adon moved his head towards me and nodded. He counted me as part of the royal family, and though I did not wish to accept that, he insisted.

"Auria Oralysia Huéno."

The nurse nodded, "First name after the queen, interesting. Very well, and congratulations on delivering your first child."

Bringing a new life into this world did feel quite special and I was honored to hold this baby girl of mine.

"Thank you," I told her.

Adon pulled up a stool and sat beside me, "Though I cannot see her, I know she is beautiful."

I smiled sadly and looked at the little girl in my arms. She already had so much hair like her father and she was so chunky that I wanted to kiss the jaws off her face.

Oridan would have loved her.

"I wish he were here, you know?"

Adon heard the cry in my voice and placed his hand on my lap, "He will return to you. I know it."

● ● ●

༻𝐎𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐧 𝐏𝐨𝐯༺

I rose up from the ground, confused as I looked at all of the dead soldiers around me.

My arm was still severed even though I had basically bled out. I knew I died...so why am I alive?

I quickly stood when I realized my soldiers began to breathe.

That's it...I thought.

My niece had won and reversed the curse successfully, which must mean the sorcerer is dead.

Glad my faith wasn't placed in the wrong person.

Though I was happy everyone was coming back to life, I left on my own two feet to walk miles back to my home kingdom without giving them a word.

My warriors were safe, and I knew they'd be fine, but I needed to see about my flower. I promised her I'd return and I didn't intend to break my word.

I needed to tell her why she was my heart so she'd know just how much she means to me. Not only for her satisfaction, but because it is my truth.

I'll say those three words and she'll never have to forget my love again.

● ● ●

༻𝐆𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐚 𝐏𝐨𝐯༺

I rocked the baby in my arms and hummed a small song.

I often showed her pictures of Oridan and told her stories about him even though she could not comprehend much.