Sodapop for Natalie

Natalie's POV

"LOOK AT THOSE BASTARDS RUN!" Two Bit screams in excitement. We were just in a rumble since the Socs keeping coming to our side of town. I wasn't the only girl to fight though. Evie and Sylvia fought. "You didn't get hurt too bad, did ya?" Soda asks, slinging his arm over my shoulder. Sodapop has been my best friend my whole life. but lately, I've been falling for him... hard. There's no way he could feel the same, he could have any girl in Tulsa, I'm nothing special. Besides, I'm just one of the guys to him. My thoughts are interrupted by Sodapop clearing his throat. I look up at him confused until I remember what he asked me."I'll be okay. But what about you? You look kinda bad Soda. I'll clean up your cuts at your place." I promise him. "Gee thanks Natalie. For that, I'll getcha a pink, flowery band aid for your forehead there." he smiles pointing at my cut.

Once I get to the Curtis house, I immediately get the first aid kit and start cleaning Soda's face. We go in his room, since there was no where else he could've sat still. "You're so beautiful." He says looking up at me. "Umm Soda, did you hit your head." I asks confused, but flattered. He shakes his head no. "You really are." He says looking me in the eye. "Soda-" I start but he interrupts me. "Nope, let me finish." He instructs and I nod. "Natalie, I have known you my whole life and I can tell you everything. You always have my back, and I will always, ALWAYS have yours. We don't fight because we are just so much alike. You are so perfect. I wish you weren't so hard on yourself. I can't go another day without telling you how I feel. Natalie, I love you to the stars and back."

I sit there with my mouth hanging open. "Sodapop, you do not know how long I've been waiting for you to say that. I love you too!" I smile. He sits up and places his hand on my cheek. He pulls me in for a kiss and it is like heaven just opened the gates. He is honestly perfect. "So, will you be mine?" He asks, pulling away. I nod and lean back in for another kiss.

I hope you love it! I'm sorry it took so long. nNayliep_1375