Sodapop for Rodney

Rodney's POV

"RODNEY! C'MON I'M GOING TO THE CURTIS'!" Steve shouts up the stairs. "Sorry! Comin!" I yell in response. I slip on my converse and run down the stairs, nearly tripping over my own feet. "What's got you so excited?" Steve asks cocking his eyebrow.

I want to see Sodapop. "Umm nothin, I just haven't gotten out of the house in a while." I reply nervously. He nods his head and we walk to the Curtis house.

"AYE SODA!" Steve yells as he walks through the door, letting it slam in my face. Sodapop chuckles. "Hey Rodney. You okay?" He asks looking me in the eye, I swear my heart is melted. "Yeah. I'm used to it." I laugh awkwardly, rubbing my forehead.

"Let me help. Sit down." He says ushering me to the touch and disappearing into the kitchen. He comes back moments later, carrying an Ice pack. I smile, lightly pressing it to my head. "Thank you." I smile. "Anytime." he smiles back and my stomach does flips.

"Steve, can I talk to you in private for a minute?" He asks nervously. The entire gang looks at Soda and Steve with looks of confusion plastered on their faces. "Yeah 'course! Be right back Rod." I nod and they disappear into Soda's bedroom shutting the door behind them. They start to talk, but the whole gang went quiet, so you can hear them through the door.

"What's up?" Steve asks, completely clueless something is bothering Sodapop. "Can I ask Rodney to be my girl." Soda answers really quickly. Everybody looks at me, and I feel my face light up like a firework.

"Dude, what the hell? Of course not! That's my sister! You're my best friend! If you hurt her, I could never forgive you!" Steve shouts. Immediately, tears brim my eyes. The gang looks at me with sad expressions. I didn't know what to do, so I jumped up and ran. I ran to wherever my feet took me. I ended up at the train tracks.

I found a tree stump and just sat there for who knows how long. I heard leaves crunching behind me and I jumped up. "Easy, it's just me." Soda says. He has his hands behind his back. "After you left, I had a talk with Steve.." he says. "And I need to tell you something." he finishes.

"Go ahead." I nod. He takes his arms from behind his back to reveal a dozen roses. I take them and smile. My smile fades into confusion. "11 are real, and one is fake?" I say, but it comes out more as a question. He chuckles nervously.

"Rodney, I will love you til the last rose dies. Will you be mine?" He asks. "YES!" I exclaim jumping into his arms. He holds me there for a moment, before placing me on the ground. He looks into my eyes and we lean in for a kiss.

THIS IS FOR Razzleberries17 ! SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG 😔. I hope you like it ! ❤️