Chapter II: The House At The End Of The Road

We arrived at about quarter to four and I just stood there, gazing up at the creepy building. The door had no handle and the windows were boarded up, "You wanna go in?" Hunter asked, looking at the place, "oh yeah" I said excitedly.

 We walked up to the battered-down door and I pushed it, expecting it to be locked but it opened with ease. I entered the house, my brother behind me, and looked around. There was dust and cobwebs everywhere and everything was either dirty or broken. The floorboards creaked as I paced up and down the place. I had a strange sense to be quiet, as if there was something I didn't want to wake.

 We looked up and down the house for something interesting, but to no avail, all the draws were rusted shut and the windows were smashed to bits. I found an old news article from the 1980s, about an escaped criminal, but the rest of the page was ripped apart so I didn't see the name. After finding nothing else for a while, we decided we should probably head home, what if the neighbours saw us. I looked through a crack in one of the windows but it was jet black, I thought something was covering the gap but when Hunter opened the door the moon was high and the sky was dark, "we haven't been here for that long have we!?" Hunter said confused, "we'd better get home fast" I said and we walked down the street chatting. 

I heard voices behind us and looked back to see two police cars and about 6 officers wandering around the street, "wonder what they're looking for" I said to Hunter, "or who" he said pointing at a street lamp, there was a poster taped to it, it read "Missing Girl" and below it had a picture of a girl with long, dark hair, and a small smile about her face. 

That's about all I could see before I felt a cold hand, covering my mouth and I was jerked back round a corner and slammed against a brick wall, "hush" a voice came, this voice was only a little more than a whisper so I couldn't identify my kidnapper, girl or guy, old or young, i didn't know. I opened my eyes and saw the figure had Hunter up against the wall as well, a gun pointed at his face, the figure loosened their grip on me and waited a second, when I stayed silent they let go, the person was about Hunter's height and was wearing a black coat and jeans, his or her hood was up and they had a black mask covering the bottom half or their face so all I could see was their eyes, their dark, dangerous eyes.

 "Say a word and you die, '' the voice said again, this time a bit easier to hear, "this way" they said and began to walk behind the wall towards a field, Hunter and I followed, not truly knowing what to do. Should we make a run for it? if we do this stranger would probably shoot us both dead, but If we stay, god knows what will happen to us. We headed across the field towards another set of houses, I thought we were crossing to another town but I wasn't sure, "w-where are we going" I stuttered, "far" the voice said, nothing else, we walked for a while, the night constantly getting darker, as we walked and walked.