Chapter VIII: One Down, Two to Go

I played with the zipper of my jacket , looking at the ground before we turned a corner and my head went straight into a wall, Ace snickered at from behind me as James came to show me where we were going, "come on, this way" the evil edge had left his voice and he sounded quite decent for once, I followed and we came across another group of houses "One of these numbers" James said, pointing at a few of the houses, "let's try them all then"

I stared at them both, Ace ran up to the first door and knocked, hard, "Ace!" James yelled running after her, "whaaaat?" She moaned at him, "ugh, just get out the way loca" the door opened as James stood in front of Her and pushed her back slightly. An old woman answered the door as Ace fell down the stairs to the door, the woman jumped when Ace fell "Are you alright dear?" She said worriedly, "She's fine!" James said quickly, he stepped in front of Ace, who was scowling at James and rubbing the back of her head, blocking her from the woman's view, "Sorry" he said "We're looking for Diana Club"

"You must have the wrong house dear" the woman said sweetly, "oh ok, sorry to waste your time" The woman nodded giving him a "no problem" look and shutting the door, as soon as the door had shut Ace hit him round the head with her fist, he fell to his side and grabbed her ankle, causing her to fall down the stairs again, I stood there not knowing what to do, I watched the two of them give each other murderous looks and James began to laugh. They both burst into laughter, I stood there and watched them laugh "They're both insane" A cool voice came from behind me, "definitely" I agreed before spinning round realizing that the voice wasn't inside my head, a tall dark haired girl pushed passed me and went over to the two laughing idiots

"Aren't you supposed to be locked away or something?" She said calmly to Ace who was still laughing hysterically, she looked up to see the dark haired girl, "Diah!" Ace said excitedly and hugged the girl tight. "You know her?" A voice came from beside me, I looked to my side to see a blonde boy about my age, possibly younger, "kind of" I said, we both watched the dark haired girl greet Ace and James like they had each other for years, "is that Diana?" I asked the boy, "yeah, how did you know?" He said puzzled "They wouldn't shut up about her" I said signalling to James and Ace

"Care to introduce us" James said, tilting his head towards the boy "Could ask you to do the same'' Diana said signalling to me now "Ash!" Ace yelled, I stepped forward, "hi" I said, trying to sound as self confident as possible, "Hello" she said, she had the kindest voice of the three of them, but her eyes had the same dangerous glint in them "That's Noah" Diana said, pointing at the blonde boy, "my step brother" "well" Ace started "we're trying to get the gang back together, you coming?" "Umm'' she looked at Noah "Noah, you go home, I'll catch up with you later" "ok!" Noah replied, he began to walk towards the house "and don't go in my room you little sh!t" Diana stared at me "does he always look that scared?" "How should I know?" James said shrugging, "I've only known him for an hour" "yes, he does'' Ace said as she began to walk towards me, she pulled my jacket tighter and messed up my hair, "do try not to look so terrified" she finished. "So, you've found me, who's next" Diana asked, "Will" Ace said abruptly "Yeah, then we'll have to find a way to bust Miles out of prison"