Chapter XIII: Directions

We drove for a while and Diana fell asleep on Will's shoulder, "Ace adjusted the rear view mirror several times, I watched her drive and saw her bleeding hand from smashing the car window, "Ace, your hand" I exclaimed, she tilted her head a little, I guess this was the first time I'd addressed her with her name instead of talking at her, "Doesn't matter, I've got two" she said carelessly, taking account the amount of bruises and cuts on her arms and face she had a pretty high pain tolerance.

James laughed at her and took her hand, he wiped the blood off it and began to play with her hair again, Will stared out the window blankly and we kept driving.

After a long while we arrived in Bedford, "Where's the prison?" Will said stupidly "How should I know?" Ace said, "we can't park here anyway" she turned the car around and found place behind a large building, the five of us got out the car, "we'll have to ask for directions'' Will said,

"James can do that" Ace stated "He's the most decent looking one of us" "Hey" Diana protested, "Dia, would you like to ask a random person where the nearest prison is?"

She looked at the ground and shook her head, "Right" Ace sighed, "Come on then" she signaled to me and I walked with them, Ace, Diana and Will took me behind a wall while James asked for directions.

A few people walked passed us and James went up to one of them, I couldn't hear what he said but one of the other people looked Ace up and down and whispered to his friend, She didn't notice and took out a cigarette and a lighter, she stood there for a minuet, letting clouds of smoke escape mouth, but the guys didn't leave, Diana and Will stayed behind the wall with me, unseen, as the two guys approached Ace.

I didn't know if I should let them see me or not, the two guys looked at least 17. The two of them came closer and I saw James still speaking to the man, one of the boys snatched Aces cigarette from her hand and put it in his own mouth, she looked at him in disgust,

"like a little smoke do you" he said, dropping his eyelids at her, "yes" she said stiffly, "ooh, not very friendly" he said to his friend, they nodded in agreement and the boy put his arm around Ace, "Come on darling, let's go have some fun" "get off me!" She said roughly, she struggled against the two guys but they had hold of her, I was about to show myself and go after them before Diana blocked my exit,

"what are you doing!" I whispered "give it a minuet" she told me "we like a show" I watched as the guys tried to take her down the street but she struggled hard, making it difficult for even the two of them.

The first guy slammed her against the wall of one of the buildings and lean his face close to hers, I watched her eyes widen in exasperation and anger, James turned around and looked at us, he followed Diana's eyes and saw what was happening, he ran towards Ace but didn't reach her until she had at least thrown a couple good punches.

The two guys backed away as Ace went after them, James on her tail, I knew she still had her gun with her, that was a thought, she could actually kill them, there were a few screams, but what surprised me was that they were Ace's screams, that's when Diana snapped, she ran out from behind the wall and James came out from the alleyway he had followed the boys.

He had Ace in a headlock, she was kicking and yelling at him, the man who gave us directions came over, he smacked James round the face and he let go of Ace, she fell to the ground, yelling "I had them, I had them!" Diana grabbed her by the arms and backed up as she began to cool off.

James on the other hand, looked like he was about to explode, "What is going on!" The man burst out, "Nothing" James said quickly, his voice sounded shallow and deadly, "What were you doing to her!?" The man forced, "Me!?" James started towards the man "Listen here" James started, "this is none of your business" he got closer to the man before being pulled back by Will, "sorry" he said smoothly, he whispered into James's ear "calm down" and brought him aside.

Ace gave him a mean look and the four walked off, I trailed behind them, Ace was walking on the opposite side of Diana but it took a while for Will to trust James to walk on his own without flying at someone, "What did you do, Will asked Ace, "I had them cornered!" Ace said roughly, "I could have finished them if James hadn't been a buzzkill"

James gave her a deadly look and made a run for her before being pulled back by Will again, "oh nice going James!" Diana added "What!?" James exclaimed, "what was I supposed to do, let her kill them" "well you never had a problem with that before" Ace interrupted, "No" Diana started "But practically the whole country knows who she is, if the go to the police, they won't hesitate to act if two boys show up claiming they were attacked by Acia Spade" Ace rolled her eyes, "Oh please, if they do go to the police I'll end them both"