Chapter XIX: Rain and Murder

James stood up and walked over to Miles, "Now you two" he started "Make up!" "Not a chance in hell" Ace protested, Miles backed up behind Diana, an angry look on his face, "Come on guys, Miles you drew first blood" Ace mumbled under her breath and Diana carried on, "this group is never going to work if the two of you are always at each others throats"

They both looked like they wanted to kill Diana but Miles put his hand out for Ace to shake, Ace took it with a face of utter disgust but when he looked at her she smiled weakly at him. "Ok" Will sighed, "Now we can go" He stood up and headed for the door but no one moved, "is anyone coming?" Ace sat down next to James, her head on his shoulder, "we can hang around for a little longer"

"No we can't" Diana said standing up, "Come on" she walked towards the door, Ace groaned and got up as well, Hunter put his arm around and followed, making sure he didn't lose me again. We headed down the stairs of the building, but when we got to the door Ace pulled us all back, there were at least 30 police officers surrounding the streets.

It looked to be quite late, about 9 or 10, the sky was lit with a few stars and the officers had their flashlights out, "who d'you think they're looking for" "probably me" Ace said, tilting her head to the side, one of the police flashed their torch across where we were standing.

"Down!" Diana yelled, everyone dropped down as the light crossed where our faces would have been. I wasn't sure if anyone had spotted us but all I knew was that someone had pulled me towards the stairs and we were running as fast as we could, we sped up the stairs as I heard the front doors open, police flooded in and started coming up the stairs.

Hunter ran faster, his arm still around me, almost dragging me up. We reached the roof and my heart sunk. It was like the night I had lost Hunter the first time, police on our tails, only this time there were more of us. We ran through the door onto a maze of balconies, I watched as the group began to split up, Miles and Diana, James and Will, Ace went with Hunter and I.

We ran and ran about the balconies, police flooding through the doors, we went up and down sets of stairs. Reaching different roofs and balconies, a police officer was standing guard on the roof we had just reached, "Dammit!" Ace yelled, she turned around but another officer was standing guard at the bottom of the stairs, "Shit'' Ace struggled more to find a way out but we were cornered.

Diana and Miles came out of a door to my right, I watched the expression on Miles's face change as he took in the situation. Three officers had their guns out pointed at us, another two of them grabbed Miles and Diana to stop them leaving, "Take your hands of him!" Ace yelled trying to get to Miles, but the officer stood in front of her, gun pointed at her head, I stepped in front of her so the gun was pointed at me, the officer gave me a confused look and tilted his head for me to move.

"I don't think you realize who this is young man" the cop said, "Yes I do!" I snapped back "And I'd appreciate if you would lower your gun" I wasn't thinking when I said this but I didn't think things could get much worse, Hunter stepped in front of me, but one of the police grabbed him, "stop!" I yelled.

Ace pulled me behind her so the gun was once again pointed at her. I watched as Miles struggled against the officer who had him restrained, Diana's eyes were flooded with tears of despair, a strong hand grabbed me from behind, pinning my hands behind my back, the only one not being restrained right now was Ace, I struggled for a minute before looking over at Hunter, he was being restrained by another officer, though he wasn't struggling, just watching.

James and Will were no where to be seen. I watched silently as Ace stood in front of me, her breathing was shallow and heavy, she didn't move and neither did the officers, Miles still struggled to try and get free and he did a good job of it until another officer came over, so it was two on one, he stopped struggling, giving up.

I watched as Ace stepped a few centimeters in each direction looking at me, then at Hunter and back at the police officer, when she turned to me I watched her eyes dart across the roof, looking from an escape, everyone stood there for a minuet, in brutal silence, then the officer standing guard at the stairs came up to the door and opened it, Ace realized her chance and ran at him, before anyone had moved, she had him in a headlock, his gun in her hand, pointed at his head.

The guard restraining Diana released her out of shock, so now everything was worse, "off!" One of the officers yelled, his gun pointed at Ace again, "Or what" she said with an evil smirk, "or we will shoot" about 4 guns were pointed at her now, "yeah yeah" she said sarcastically, she pretended to pull the trigger and laughed.

The officers face in straight fear, "you have three seconds" Ace's face changed at this. "3.." the officer began, "Ace.." I began "2..." "Ace!" Hunter's voice yelled from my left side, i watched as he broke free of his officers restrained, and made a break for her, tears forming in my eyes as I knew what was going to happen, I screw my eyes shut as I yelled and struggled against the man holding me, then, there, that was it, a gunshot and a scream pierced the night.