room 2c

Annie sighed as she stepped foot into the school. She wore baggy jeans, a red and black striped sweater, as well as a few rings, a crystal necklace, and her hair in what looked like an attempt at a messy bun. She had a plain black backpack. "Alright," she pulled out a paper from her bag and smoothed it out with her hands. "So, my first class," her pointer finger travelled across the schedule. "English."
"Room... 2C." She was on the second floor, so finding the room was easy. She was there a few minutes early. 'These people better be at least a little more mature than the ones back in high school.' She thought, shaking her head. She pulled out her phone.
She hadn't realized that a crowd of students had swarmed into the classroom. A teacher, an older one, walked in. He looked very uninterested, to say the least. The students, however, seemed to know each other already. For a college, it was small. The classes consisted of around 30 people. Annie's eyes began to look around.
There were two girls right in front of her, a loud brunette who had brought in a bag of chips, and a black-haired one who seemed content listening. A short boy with a buzz cut who sat laughing next to another one with light brown hair. Two girls, one with darker skin and freckles, and a shorter one with blonde hair were talking. Lastly, in the very back of the class sat two boys, one with dark brown hair, and the other with blond hair. The brunette wore athleticwear, the blond wore a shirt and flannel, paired with cargo pants. Annie swore she saw the brunette and the black-haired girl look back at the boys in the back of the class and whisper. Typical, she thought.
"Ahem," Annie had almost forgotten about the teacher. "Today, we will be analyzing the first act of Romeo and Juliet." He stared around the class, seeing unamused looks. "That I assigned you all to read the summer before coming here," his tone was stern.
"So, as we all know..." He trailed off, beginning to explain the events of the first act. Annie was never a big fan of English class, although she had read the part they were supposed to read. Some people hadn't? Why are they even here if they won't put in any effort, she thought. If it had to be anyone... it would probably be those two in the back of the class.
However, while she was concentrating on wondering who hadn't read the excerpt, she didn't realize that the blond in the back had started to talk. "An- an analysis, sir?" He said with a slight smile. "Of course." He shook his head. Yep, he had to have been the one who hadn't read it; Annie thought as she turned her head.
However, his words were insightful, she could tell that he had actually understood it. He spoke with a sparkle in his eye. No, it was more of a golden glisten.
"...from this, we all can assume that some of the main themes of the story are economy, descriptive power, and excitement." His words spilled out of his mouth smoothly, they sounded warm. Comforting.
"That- that was one of the best analyses we have heard in a while... thank- thank you, Arlert." She heard the brunette whispering to him. "Dude, how'd you come up with that? Not that I even could tell what you were talking about half the time, but something about the way the professor was staring at you told me that it was some deep shit," the blond just laughed. Annie had to admit, the way his hair framed his face was addictive to look at.
"Well, can anyone tell us more?" The teacher looked around the class and sighed, again. The scrawny boy with the buzz cut had fallen asleep on the taller one, who had an oddly shaped face. He almost looked back, when the blond raised his hand again. "I'd just like to comment on the significance of the fight among the Montagues and Capulets," there was a twinkle in the professor's eye. "That's- exactly what I was hoping someone would pick up on! Thank you, Arlert. Looking further into this, we see that..." Annie stared back at the blond, who donned a smirk. Who... who was this kid?