chapter eight

The next morning you wake up slowly and look at the time. It's already 9. You roll over in bed noticing that Spencer is no where to be seen.

You get out of bed and walk around the apartment to find Spencer. You see a note on the fridge.

"Went out to get some stuff. Should be back around 9:30. ~ S <3"

You smile softly at his letter remembering last night. You decide to go get in a shower while Spencer's gone.

After your quick shower you brush your teeth and blow dry your hair, not knowing what Spencer has planned for today. You throw on one of Spencer's big t shirts and put on a pair of his boxers. You've run out of clean clothes at Spencer's house.

You go to sit on the couch and notice that your dads calling.

"Hey dad!" You say with a smile. You're always happy to hear from him.

"Hey baby doll! I just wanted to let you know that Nathan and Monica and then Ben and Annie are all going to be coming tomorrow for thanksgiving, and I just wanted to see if you'd be coming to visit? I know it's last second but I see a flight in Virginia tomorrow and I wouldn't mind buying you a ticket!"

You hadn't even realized thanksgiving was about to be in a few days.

"Actually I think that would be great dad.. but I can pay for my own ticket, I have someone I'd like to bring with me." You bite your lip a bit.

"Y/n, do you have a boyfriend?" Your dad sounds excited. He's always encouraging you to date but you just haven't gotten around to it. Mainly because you've been hung up on the guy you're now currently with.

"Actually, yes I do." He can hear the smile in your voice.

"How could you not tell me y/n!! What's his name?" It warms your heart how excited your dad is for you.

"I want it to be a complete surprise when you meet him, so I guess you'll have to wait till tomorrow to find that out." You say back to him. You really just want to see all your families reactions when they see that your "new boyfriend" is Spencer.

"Okay sweetie, but I'm only saying okay because I only have to wait till tomorrow. AND I will be buying both of your plane tickets, no arguments." He laughs.

"Thank you dad. I love you." With that you hang up the phone and Spencer walks in.

"Oh my gosh Spencer, what?" You laugh as he struggles to make it through the door with all the things he's holding.

He eventually makes it to the counter and sets down a few boxes of food and two cups of iced coffee.

"Aw Spencer you didn't have to do all this." You smile and kiss his cheek.

"Hold on, this isn't all." He walks back out and grabs something he left next to do the door.

"Spencer, oh my god." You gasp and tears fill your eyes.

Spencer comes walking back in with a giant bouquet of sunflowers.

"Pretty flowers for my pretty girlfriend." He smiles a cheesy grin at you and plants a sweet kiss on your lips.

"Thank you my sweet boyfriend." You smile a cheesy grin in return.

You go to the kitchen to put them in a vase while Spencer starts setting up breakfast at the table. You then head to the table where you both begin to eat.

"Sooo my dad called." You say looking up at Spencer.

"Oh really? How's he doing?" Spencer smiles.