chapter twenty-one

You wake up to the bathroom light on. You look at the clock: 5:30.

Spencer walks out of the bathroom closing the door very gently trying not to "wake" you.

"Spencer?" You say quietly, still very tired.

"Oh hi baby. Sorry I didn't mean to wake you." He whispers, leaning over to kiss your head.

You sit up turning the lamp on. You look at Spencer who is very much ready for work. He's wearing a light blue button down with a dark blue tie. Over that is a black sweater vest. It's all tucked into black dress pants.

"What are you doing? We don't have to go in till 8." You say rubbing your eyes.

"Hotch called and he needed me in early. I thought I'd let you rest before your first day back. I have to go now but I'll see you at 8, okay hun?" Spencer says sitting on the bed by your feet.

"Okay." You say too tired to say much else.

You lay back down and Spencer walks over to turn off the lamp. He kisses the top of your head and smiles down at you.

"Sweet dreams, my love." Spencer whispers walking out of the bedroom.

You quickly fall back to sleep, which doesn't last long.

You wake up again to your alarm going off at 7.

You get yourself up and head straight to the shower. You let the hot water hit your body and massage your head with shampoo. You finish up the rest of your shower and step out blow drying your hair.

Once your hair is finished you put on some mascara, blush, and highlighter.

You go into your closet putting on a tight white long sleeved shirt. Tucked into some black dress pants and a black belt.

It's 7:25 when you're done getting ready so you walk into the kitchen making some coffee.

You out in a small scoop of sugar and some half and half and quickly finish it.

You get into your car at 7:45. Turning on the radio you drive excited to get back to work.

You pull into the parking lot, getting out of your car and walking into work.

"Good morning y/n! So good to have you back." The lady at the front desk smiles big at you.

"Thank you! It's good to be back!" You smile stepping into the elevator, and pressing the button to your floor.

As the elevator moves up you begin to hear some music playing. You wonder which floor it's coming from. The elevator doors open and you realize its coming from your floor. The song "Turning Page" by Sleeping at Last is playing. You look around confused.

You walk towards the glass doors slowly opening them to reveal the whole team standing in a row holding flower, and Spencer standing in front of your desk.

You look around, your mouth falling slightly open. You wonder what's going on. You begin to walk down a row of the team. Them all smiling at you as you walk past.

"Hi.." You say softly when you get to Spencer.

"Hey.." Spencer says gently, pulling a red rose out from behind his back.

You take the rose and look back into Spencer's eyes.

"Spence.." You begin, but Spencer cuts you off.

"Y/n. My love. My life. My beautiful princess. I have loved you for 21 years today. I have known you were made for me, for 7,665 days. Even though I've only known you again for a little less then two months, I can't imagine spending another second of my life without you by my side. So, my sweet girl.." He says getting down onto one knee.

You feel tears fill your eyes and a small gasp comes out.

"Will you please marry me.. be my wife y/n." Spencer says revealing a beautiful diamond ring.

"Spencer... I love you so much. Of course I will marry you!!" You scream, tears screaming down your face.

Spencer jumps up, lifting you up in his arms, spinning you around, and giving you a thousand kisses.

The rest of the team screams and cheers. After what felt like a lifetime of being in Spencer's arms, you go over to hug the rest of the team. The last person to walk up to you is Hotch.

"I'm really happy for you. For you and Spencer. I'm really looking forward to getting to know you more. As an employee, as Spencer's soon to be wife, and as a friend." Hotch says giving you a light smile.

"Thank you. That really means a lot." You smile with tears in your eyes. You give Hotch a hug before walking over to Spencer.

"Hello fiancé." You smile to Spencer, giggling.

"Hello future wife." Spencer smiles back at you, placing his hands on your hips.

The two of you just stare into each other's eyes until Spencer speaks.

"I love you so much too, by the way." He laughs lightly.

"I know." You smile and give a small chuckle.

Spencer leans down kissing you slowly and sweetly.

"Hey! I know you guys just got engaged and all but this is still work!" Morgan screams from across the room.

Spencer flips off Morgan while continuing to kiss you.

"Good to see this side of you kid." Morgan laughs from across the room.

After a few more seconds you pull away from Spencer slowly.

"I hate to say it but Morgans right, we have to get to work baby." You whisper to Spencer.

"I know dear." Spencer says leaning down and kissing your forehead.

With that you walk over to your desk, and as you sit down Hotch steps out of his office.

"I hate to do this today, but we have a case everybody." Hotch yells from above.

"We are doing the briefing on the plane." Garcia says walking out from her office.

"Wheels up in 20 everyone. We are going to New Jersey." Hotch says.

You and Spencer go out to the car and drive to where the jet takes off. You grab your go bags and hold hands as the two of you walk onto the plane.

You take a seat by the window across from Rossi, and Spencer takes a seat next to you and across from Hotch.

"I'm sorry we have to leave today, it's just urgent." Hotch says.

"It's okay. It's perfect. I'm glad I get to spend today with all of you guys." You smile.

"So am I." Spencer says putting his arm around you as you rest your head on his shoulder.