Akatsuki's New Member

I DO NOT OWN NARUTO

Deidara wiped the blood that was leaking out of his mouth. He let out a 'tch' and backflipped to dodge a few kunai wrapped in paper bombs that was aimed at the same spot he was at mere moments ago. He then stuffed his hand into his small bag and lets his mouth-hand eat the clay to create more explosive creations.

"What's the matter, Deidara-san? I thought I heard you saying that you can beat me a few minutes ago." Menma taunted the Explosion-style user, a smug smile on his pale face. 

A scoff descended from Deidara's throat, "Don't act so smug, you bastard, un!" Deidara pointed an accused finger at Menma. Menma's eyebrow raised automatically at that harsh remark. "My, my, what a temper." The Uchiha said with an unimpressed tone, swinging his gunbai lazily that he is holding. Deidara grew a tick mark.

"Shut up, imbecile!" He bellowed. The clay that was on his palms formed itself into  "Now, eat my C3!" The blonde haired man threw a clay explosive towards Menma. "Katsu!" He did the ram seal as the seal exploded.

Smoke occured because of the explosion, but it was only for a while. Deidara embraced himself for the shockwave of the explosion and covered his face with the sleeve of his cloak. Once the smoke was cleared, Naruto was nowhere to be found.

Deidara scoffed, "Ha! Now, look who's stronger, leader-sama--" He was cut off from the sound of the wind being sucked from an unknown source. He turned his head towards his direction like he'll break his neck. A swirl-like vortex showed up from thin air and descended back into Menma's eyes. Menma took a step as Deidara's eyes widened resembling dinner plates.

"How- wha--" He trailed off. Two scorching hot flame dragons were quickly making it's way towards Deidara. Deidara's reflexes were fast and he swiftly threw a clay that transformed into an enormous clay dragon which shielded itself with it's tail. The fire was too hot that it set the tail on fire.

Deidara silently cursed, this will not end well for him. Menma smirked.

"Alright, that's enough both of you." Pain's deep rumbling voice echoed, halting the fighting duo immediately. 

"It has been confirmed. You are now officially a member of the Akatsuki, congratulations." The orange haired man announced. It's just as Menma expected, he didn't even have to pull out his trump card this time. 

Audible footsteps belonging to a certain purple-haired woman resonated. Papers began to form out of thin air. The papers took in the shape of.. surprisingly, a bouquet of flowers? 

"Don't take it the wrong way. Welcome to the Akatsuki." She said in monotone as she handed out the bouquet to his arms. Menma raised an eyebrow. The Akatsuki sure are strange people. 

"I suppose it is reasonable to partner you up with Zetsu since both of you are the only ones without partners." 

"Now, meeting is dismissed. You can go back to your respective rooms." Everyone went back to their rooms except Deidara who glared at Menma. The ravenette merely averted his eyes from the obviously upset blonde and slowly made his way to Zetsu. 

In Zetsu and Menma's room..

"You should probably take that mask and the robe off now, you're going to sweat y'know?" said Shiro as he sat down on his bed. He's not wrong, Naruto is bathing in his own sweat. The ravenette took off his blue robe and mask and wrinkled his nose at how sweaty he is. The blue robe was made out of a thick material that can't be torn off easily so the pros are that he won't be hurt easily but the cons are.. that it made him sweat like hell! 

Menma hanged his blue robe at the coat hanger and placed his mask on his bed. He got up from his bed and opened the door that leads to a river outside the hideout. He looked around wearily for any presence that could see him without the mask. He relaxed his shoulders once he didn't sense any approaching presence.

He undressed, leaving his undergarments on and slumped into the water. The cold water seeped through his bones, making his eyes droop. It has been a tiring day for him and very energy draining. He was on the verge of sleeping when a familiar voice boomed inside his head, wanting his attention.

"Brat, there's somebody outside the door." uttered the orange nine-tailed demon fox. Menma's eyes instantly cracked open and darted to where he felt the chakra signature was. He wore his spare clothes and went to open the door, only to take in the sight of the organization's leader, Pain, standing there idly.

"Welcome to the organization, Menma. Let's chat inside shall we?" suggested Pain as he make room for Menma to get inside the hideout. Menma raised an eyebrow. Pain beckoned Menma to follow him. They walked for a while and reached in front of Pain's office. The leader did the ram seal and muttered a jumble of incohorent words. The door with a seal on it glowed and vanished into thin air.

"Suit yourself, you may take a seat." started Pain. The room consists of a desk and two chairs placed across each other. Menma nodded solemnly and sat on the wooden chair. The same door that disappeared showed up and obscured the gaping hole that was there before. 

The orange haired man reached for a candle from one of the drawers provided in his desk. He placed it on the table, right in between him and Menma. He uttered a few words and a small fire emitted from his mouth, igniting the candle.

The small fire illuminating the pitch black, dark room. Purple eyes with ripples around them glowed in the dark, passively. Silence settled upon both of them.

Pain opened his mouth..

.

.

.

.

 Yo guys! It's been a heck of a while! Been busy lately y'know with school. Sorry for the short chapter though. Ideas haven't been coming lately, I honestly think I can't end this story somehow, but do not fret! I'll be updating if I feel motivated. Gone in a flash, Fourth Hokage