Mate

Ximena's POV

I felt someone rubbing my hand softly when I came back to consciousness. My eyes opened, and I found myself in Lorcan's (actually our) room. Right next to me was Michaelangelo, bearing a black eye. He didn't look unhappy, however. He was wearing a happy grin, and I could see the beginnings of a laugh. 

"Holy shit, Mena. You're finally awake." I tried to push myself up, but a stinging pain stopped my attempts. "Whoa, girl, you've only been resting a day. Thankfully, the surgery went well..." 

"Surgery?" I pulled my green shirt off my stomach and gazed at the stitches covering my stomach. What had they done, rip my stomach open? I knew that there would be a nasty scar on it, ruining the smoothness on my skin...Wait! "Where's Braden? Where's Lorcan!?" I started getting worked up as I remembered what had happened. I took the bullet for Faolan's kid, but was he safe? My cousin stood up to push me against the pillow softly, a soothing look on his face. 

"Ximena, calm down. The kid's fine; your boyfriend's in the infirmary with his injured friend. I think it was Aleks' brother." Declan? Oh no...

"Is he alright? Those were silver bullets." He nodded softly. 

"Yeah, he's just resting. There's something up though; I tried to figure it out, but the babe Alexia pulled me out of there." I groaned at the thought of my cousin and the Alpha shacking up. 

"Please tell me you didn't sleep with her." He raised his eyebrows and shook his head. 

"Hell no; that chick's Brazilian. I'm a good Cuban boy; I know my limits." I laughed at him, bringing laughter into the air. "Too bad she's leaving though. She came by to say goodbye when you were asleep. Apparently, she's got to go back home. Something about her family." 

"Mena." I heard Lorcan's voice and I turned around. My mate stood in the doorway, his eyes emotionless. A shiver ran down my spine as I took in my mate. "Michaelagelo-"

"Sure thing, Lorcan. I wanna talk to her later though." My mate nodded in agreement. "Adiosprima. Buena suerte. You're gonna need it." My cousin ran out of the room quickly, leaving me behind with a scary Lorcan. He closed the door and then advanced on me. I was trembling softly as he approached. I still could not believe that I was back and alive. I suppose the death threat was gone. 

He bent down on the side of the bed and lifted my shirt to see the bandage. He said nothing as he took another one from his pocket and began to clean the wound. His long fingers touched my skin, bringing waves of arousal through my body. A particularly dirty image entered my mind, and I stiffened. My mate didn't notice anything however. Annoyed, I said, 

"Well, are you going to say anything?" He replied coolly, 

"There's nothing to say." I didn't like the tone of voice he was using; if anything, it was scaring me. 

"Lorcan, we have to talk sometime. Being mad isn't going to help things."

"Oh so, I shouldn't be mad." Damnit he was being difficult now. I tried to read his emotions as well, but he was blocking them from me. 

"No, but...please just SAY SOMETHING!" My voice had risen to a yell, and that got a reaction out of him. My legs were wrenched sideways, and next thing I know, I'm sitting up, facing him glare at me from between them. His hands were on my thighs (i was wearing gym shorts), and his face was inches from mine. 

"What am I supposed to say, Mena? You, the love of my life, had just told me that you didn't love me, that you had a human lover. Then, I end up in the woods facing a battle versus one of my biggest rivals yet, only to learn that it was a lie, that this was an elaborate plan that involved running away, no matter what happened to me. Yeah, such a selfish act-" I interrupted him.