Ultimatum

Lorcan's POV

I stiffened at the sound of the male's voice on the phone; when she said Renee, I thought she was talking about a woman, not a man! And he knew her enough to call her by her name! Holding back a growl, I answered, 

"This isn't Ximena. She's safe; I just need to talk to her sisters." There was a sharp intake of breath and some cursing in another language. 

"Hijo de puta...Man, what have you done with her? Shit..." Was he insinuating that I'd hurt Mena? My Wolf came to the surface and said, 

"How dare you?! I would never hurt what's mine-"

"Yours? She's a human being, not a possession. What the hell is wrong with you?! Just let her go! Her sisters are waiting for her to get them back. Have a heart, man!" Before I could threaten him, Aleks burst in the room, his grey eyes stormy. Without asking, he yanked the phone from my hand and started talking. 

"Renee, it's me, Aleks. Sorry about that." I nearly mauled him for such disrespect, but Declan came running in with a "calm down" look on his face. I forced my Wolf to calm down and listened to his brother talk on the phone. "Man, I swear, she's safe. Eduardo can't get her from here...I just wanna check on the girls." I heard a faint sigh on the other end. 

"They've been having a shitty time. Rosie's trying to play the elder sis, but it's just not her nature. Belinda has been training, preparing for the day Mena comes back. And Nubia..." There was a small sob that made my blood run cold. "She hasn't spoken since the shoot out. Were you and Mena hurt?" He chuckled softly and shook his head. 

"Nah, mijo. I got her out of there; she's fine. Can you FaceTime me?" Renee answered, 

"No problem, man. I'll just get it set up. The girls will be ecstatic to see her again." He hung up, and I asked, 

"So...you're familiar with the family?" I hated to admit it, but I was jealous of the ease this wolf had with my mate's family. I should be the one that they were excited to see; he was the only one they trusted. 

"Yeah, when we met at 11 years old, her family just adopted me. I grew up with Renee and Michaelangelo. Stubborn bastards." 

"Renee is a friend?" He gave me a surprised look and shook his head. 

"No, Alpha. Renee is Michaelangelo's twin." 

RING RING!

We all flinched at the sound of the phone, and Aleks quickly accepted it. I got on the screen, waiting for the screen to lighten up when a hollow shriek was emitted from the phone. The same blond kid I saw was now definitely older, probably thirteen or fourteen. She glared at us from the phone and yelled, 

"Where the hell is Mena!? Aleks, you better show her to me, dammit-"

"BELINDA?!" Oh no, she was awake. My mate jumped in between the two of us and started sobbing on the phone. "Oh my god, are you ok?! Where's Rosie and Nubia?!" A red headed teenager popped on, tears filling in her green eyes. She cried out, 

"Ximena, are you okay? When can you come here?" My mate started babbling in Spanish. 

"Oh, Rosalina, que voy a verte pronto, ¿vale? De hecho, tenemos un escondite seguro aquí. Sólo dame algo de tiempo!" (Oh, Rosalina, I'm going to see you soon, alright? We actually have a safe hideout here. Just give me some time!) Tears were streaming down her perfect face as her fingers traced the outlines of her sisters. 

"Mena, who's the hottie with you?" The blond one was pointing directly at me, an impish smirk on her face. I blushed, and Mena looked horrified. "Is he your novio? I'm sure you've done it already!"