Chapter 15

Hey guys I'm so sorry I have not written anything in ages, but I finally have time off of school and work to write. So yeah enough of me talking more story for you lol.

-tere93

____________

[Recap]

Then she stopped coming over I texted her and she never replied. I even went over to her apartment but no one ever answered the door.

It was Tuesday, I got home after going to the park with Ian. My door was open and I could have sworn I had locked it before we left. I grew suspicious and decided to look around. Just a couple days ago the neighbor downstairs got robbed and I did not want to take any chances.

Nothing looked out of place, not until I got to the kitchen. Sitting on the counter was a white envelope. I moved Ian to hold him with just one hand so I could pick up the letter. That's when I saw the writing. There in black ink was my name written in her writing.

____________

I did not know what to think. She could not be serious. Could she? What could she have possibly thought to do that.

Yeah they told me she was jealous but after all she's done she thinks I'm still gonna take her back? I didn't even want to be with her to begin with. I was with her to be there for Ian, my son.

Now she has taken Casey. What the hell did Casey do for her to kidnap her? I need to call the cops. I don't care if she said not to call them in the letter.

Right as I was taking out my phone I hear knocking at the door. Could it be her? She said I should go look for her alone or not only was Casey gonna get it but also Amber and my parents.

How crazy is she? I swear if she hurts anyone in my family I will kill her. I heard the knocking again and right as I was about to open it a man in a white button down shirt and slacks walks in with five other people, one girl and four guys. He kept ordering them to set up and wouldn't even talk to me when I asked him what the hell they were doing in my house.

"Mister Summers?" I hear a voice behind me. I turn to see the blonde hair girl that walked in. Even though I stood a head or two taller than her she did not seem intimidated.

"That's me. Can you please explain to me why this asshole comes inside my house with you and five other people and I don't get told anything?" I know it wasn't her fault but I was too pissed to care at the moment. There's a girl and my family in danger and some strange people come in ignoring me telling them that this is my house and they don't have a right to be in here without my permission.

"Mister Summers, I apologize for my boss's behavior, but this is protocol when one of our agents has been taken hostage."

"Agents? Are you telling me you go into a random man's house and set up a tracking team in his living room when that man has nothing to do with it!?"

"Sir, I am sure you are familiar with Agent Casey Moore. Seen as this was the last place Agent Moore was and you were the last person to talk to her this is ground zero and I'm sorry for the inconvinece."

"With all due respect mam, but Casey isn't an FBI agent she's a cashier down at the local book store. I can take you down there myself and have you talk to the manager or something."

"Mr. Summers listen to me" She looked around before continuing "I am not supposed to let you into much, but seen as you are going to need to help us you are going to hear about this sooner or later. This was all a set up. We have been after your girl friend"

"My girlfriend? I don't have a girl friend." I state.

"I meant Justine. We've been after Justine for awhile now. We believe, we know she is involved in the kidnaping and human trafficking of over one hundred people."

This can't be true I think as I move Ian from one arm to another. Justine might be crazy but she can't be that crazy, can she?

Right as I was about to tell her she had the wrong Justine the door bell rang.

I answered the door and it was the kid I had seen on the street a couple days ago.

"Can I help you?" I ask.

"Are you Eric summers?" He asks reading a name off an envelope.

"Yes that's me."

"Here." He hands me the envelope and turns to leave.

"Hey wait up. Who gave you this?" I ask.

"I don't know man. Some guy gave me twenty bucks to deliver this to you."

"What's your name son?" I hear a voice behind me. I turn and see the man apparently in charge of this group.

"James." The kid says.

"James what?" The man asks.

"James Delgado." The kid answers nervously.

"I need you to come with me James Delgado. I need to ask you a few questions."

"Whatever man I was just asked to deliver this. I don't know what's going on I don't want any part of it."

As they were talking I opened up the envelope.

"I did not want to do this to you my love, but you gave me no other choice. I clearly told you not to involve the police. I hope you know I'm very upset." It was in Justine's writing again. I feel something else in the envelope. I look inside and there was a polaroid inside. I take it out and on the picture is an old photo of my parents, Amber, and myself before I dropped out of high school.