Chapter 14

____________

[Recap]

"My job! I'm sorry I'm not some doctor like Dean. Okay I'm sorry I wasn't a genius like him. That is why I lied. All you ever do is judge me on everything. I thought you'd have the decency to be nice to me for once when there's a guest but no. Just to let you know Eric and I eloped because I got pregnant with his baby." She slams her hand on the table while showing her ring finger on her left hand to them. I hear her mom gasp and Logan choke on his breakfast. While I was left speechless.

"But I talked to you on the phone and you never said anything... and what about me and you." Logan stutters.

"First of all you never saw me in person and secondly, You and I have nothing more." Casey glares at him.

"Now if you don't mind my husband, son, and I are going to leave." She stands up looking like she's on the verge of tears.

____________

I got up and followed Casey into the house. Not looking back or saying bye to the three. I heard Logan excuse himself and walk after Casey.

He kept calling her name over an over but she would not give him the satisfaction of even turning to look his way.

We walked through the front door on to the porch and down the few steps. Casey stopped suddenly and bent down and picked up a medium sized rock from the gravel.

"I'm sorry for what you're about to see." She said then turned and the rock smashes the front window of the viper. Logan ran towards the car screaming and I followed Casey to the car and strapped Ian up in the back before sliding into the front seat.

"Want me to drive?" I asked her worried not just for Ian and my safety but for hers as well.

"Please." She unbuckled her seatbelt and we both got out and traded places.

She rested her head on the car window and just stared outside occasionally talking to give me directions which was not often since we were driving on the freeway most of the time.

I brought her car to a stop in the parking lot space she directed me to.

She slowly took her head off the window and stared at the grey cement wall in front of us.

I looked down at my watch. I only had a few hours left before I had to drop Ian off with Amber.

"Thanks for going with me today." Casey said breaking the awkward silence.

"It was nothing."

She shrugged.

"What you did back there to the car" I laughed.

"Oh God! Don't even remind me." She brought her hands up over her eyes an shook get head. "It was horrible I can not believe I did that. Oh God I really did that."

"It was." I nodded my head in agreement. It's going to cost a lot of money to replace that window. "but it was also pretty cool." She gave me a skeptical look. "I swear I didn't even see it coming it was pretty awesome."

"Thanks" She smiled. Ian started crying in the back seat and both Casey and I turned to look at him.

"Is he hungry?" She asked.

"Most likely. He's like me, he likes to eat a lot." I laughed.

"I just hope your not feeding him hot pockets." she jokes laughing as she turned back to playfully smile at me.

"Of course not, I would never share my hot pockets to begin with." We both laughed and Ian started crying louder. "I should probably go feed him." I said looking back at Ian.

"That would probably be a good idea." she said as she opened up her door laughing.

I do the same and grabbed the baby carrier with Ian inside.

"Here I'll get the bag for you." Casey said grabbing the bag closest to her.

"Thanks" I said and she just nodded her head.

On the way to my apartment the conversation somehow went to the day of the park.

"Wait so you have taken him to the park once every week since he was three months?"

"Yeah at first I would go just to run around the park with Ian in the stroller, but then when he turned five months I'd take him out and sit on a bench to see the park and now we get ice cream and go eat afterwards. It's kind of turned into a tradition." I shrugged embarrassingly.

"That's cute." she smiled.

"I guess so." I said as I opened the door to my apartment. "After you." I motioned for her to walk in before me.

She smiled at me then walked in. She made dinner even though I told her it was fine that she did not have to make anything.

After we ate dinner she stayed over a bit longer playing with Ian before she left back to her apartment.

I quickly packed a diaper bag and grabbed Ian and drove him to Amber's house before I went to work.

This routine continued for the next five days. Sometimes she'd even stay over after Ian had fallen asleep and we would sit and talk about anything that came to mind.

Then she stopped coming over I texted her and she never replied. I even went over to her apartment but no one ever answered the door.

It was Tuesday, I got home after going to the park with Ian. My door was open and I could have sworn I had locked it before we left. I grew suspicious and decided to look around. Just a couple days ago the neighbor downstairs got robbed and I did not want to take any chances.

Nothing looked out of place, not until I got to the kitchen. Sitting on the counter was a white envelope. I moved Ian to hold him with just one hand so I could pick up the letter. That's when I saw the writing. There in black ink was my name written in her writing.

_______________________

I know its not long enough but i will be working on the next chapter to make it longer and it will be uploaded earlier for sure since im starting to get to where i want with this story. so yeah sorry again for the long wait but i was really stressed with school because i was at the point of not graduating