Chapter 1

My mom has never been the best at dating, heck it's like every time she gets into a relationship it doesn't work out and we have to move to get away from him and everything that reminds her of him. My sister Lexi has always been close with our mom (Bella) it's like they're best friends not mother and daughter which means I can basically do whatever I want because Bella doesn't pay attention.

"Okay stop here we need to get some gas" Bella said to my sister who for some reason was driving and not her. You could tell Lexi hated driving I mean she's younger than me by one year of course but still. She pulled over and Bella got out and went to pay for the gas while Lexi pumped the gas. Then Bella came back and we started driving again.

"How are you doing back the bug I know this month has been really hard for you" Bella had always called me bug even though she knows I hate it. That was the first thing anyone had said to me this whole trip besides Dominic we've always been close.

"I really don't want to talk about it Bella and my name isn't bug it's Alyssa and you know I hate it when you call me that" I said not taking my headphones out of my ear.

"Your really crabby today, what's wrong" Lexi said, I guess she thought she had to make herself apart of this conversation but I ignored her I've never really been close with Lexi she never really tries to talk to me, she's my little sister and I want to be there for her but she never really opens up to me or lets me in but then again I don't let anyone in not just family but everyone because the more people you let in, the more people can hurt you.

Finally after hours of driving we finally made it to our new house which was super big actually, which was kinda weird, well it wasn't weird, I just wasn't used to it. "So this is ours, just the four of us" Dominic asked mom and she said yes. I saw how excited he was but I also knew that we weren't gonna be here long I mean we never are.

"Welcome home guys" mom said while smiling and looking at us Lexi, and Dominic had huge smiles on their faces. I understand Dominic believing the things mom was saying but I cannot believe Lexi was believing it also.

"I think you mean welcome to hell" I said with an annoyed smile and rolled my eyes as I made my way inside. This place was huge, how did she even afford this, she could barely keep the lights on before she met Tyler. Oh yeah Tyler was my step-dad, he died of a heart attack but if we're being honest none of us liked him anyways he was just creepy and he just lerked everywhere all the time.

The Next Morning:

I got up early and mom was already making breakfast, I got dressed in sweatpants and a sweatshirt, did my hair, then I went downstairs to eat.

"Alyssa come here for a second" mom called me from the kitchen, this was new behavior from her. She usually doesn't acknowledge my existence I hesitated for a second but then I walked over to her.

"Are you okay I know you don't want to talk about it but maybe it'll make you feel better" she said handing me my breakfast.

"Bella I'm only saying this once, I will never talk to you about it or anything and I'm not hungry" I said looking into her eyes and start picking up my bags and going to the door.

"I'm driving you to school remember?" she said.

"I'm skating there" I said grabbing my skateboard an leaving. I was skating for a few minutes when a guy on a skateboard ran into me knocking me off my board and onto the ground.

"What the fuck man" I said getting off the ground and facing him.

"Shit um, I'm sorry" he said looking confused about why I was so rude to him.

"No, I'm sorry that was rude. Just having bad day already I'm Alyssa" I said holding my hand out for him to shake.

"Alyssa got it I'll remember that" he said looking at me and shaking my hand.

"Um do you know how to get to school?" I said awkwardly laughing as he shot me a smile and laughed.

"I'm heading that way anyway, wanna walk with me?" he said with a smile raising his eyebrow, I looked at him for a minute.

"Your not gonna lead me somewhere to kill me are you?" I said laughing for the first time in a while he stared at me for a minute then we started walking.

"So bad day huh?" he said looking at me while walking.

"Bad month" I answered with a fake smile knowing he wouldn't realize.

"Now that's not a real smile, what's wrong" he said stopping in his tracks and looked at me. I know I should talk to someone about it but I just can't right now, It's way to hard right now.

"Let's just get to school, yeah" I said skating off and he followed, he had the type of smile where you can tell that he's hiding a lot, I've been told I have that type of smile also. You know the fake one, the one that hides all of the pain and the trauma it's hard hiding all the time but then again if you don't tell anyone the shit that's going on in your life they have nothing to use against you at least that's what Bella always says.

We finally arrived at school, this place was huge. I was terrified I mean I knew nobody I was used to being the new girl but everyone here is classy while I showed up in sweatpants and a hoodie. God, I look like an idiot.

"Well see ya later Perkins" the guy said smiling and doing some weird thing with his hand but it was also kinda cute.

"Wait!" I said before he could walk to far.

"What's up" he said walking back up to me.

"I never got your name" I said smiling and couldn't help but make eye contact with him, his eyes were gorgeous honestly.

"Paxton, Paxton Hall Yoshida" he said smiling back at me, I think he realized how nervous I was about school.

"Hey I know your nervous, how about I show you around. You do need help getting around right?" he asked and of course I agreed. We started walking and talking he was actually pretty funny, he always knew what to say. I think I made a friend I rarely get to make friends since we're moving 24/7. I just hope I fit in here like my sister always does.