𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘯𝘦

༺⊰-------------------------------------------------⊱༻

CHAPTER ONE,
reverie

❝ to your studies, yes? ❞

to your studies, yes?

༺⊰-------------------------------------------------⊱༻

THE ABILITY to remain unconstrained under these times of study seemed out of the question for the royal currently avoiding all responsibilities she was meant to serve for the day. Each hallway stood as a means for her to travel farther and farther from her teachers in the library that now seemed miles away from when she had left. The distance being exaggerated in her mind as she had possibly only traveled perhaps two miles in the span of the few minutes she used to leave.

Though the royal only used this excuse on days in which she found it necessary, the excuse this time was that her mother had asked for her to come around to the hall for a parcel. There was no parcel and her mother certainly was not going to be pleased were she to find out. Perhaps the only benefit to her mother ever catching her was that it avoided a lecture from her father. The very thought of a long winding discussion of her responsibilities for the future of Asgard putting her to sleep as she continued through in determination.

The young girl continued on avoiding these facts in search for better company. Though the books that consumed her studies were of a different kind of entertainment, she couldn't find herself practically locked behind the doors when there were better things to do. She had the rest of the day to read upon how best to greet yourself with the council on Alfheim, so there was no harm in slipping away for an hour or two at most. Grabbing the front of her gown she skipped up the stone steps in the direction of the study of practice the current sisters of Nornheim resided in at this time of day.

Nornheim was known to be but a section of space that was on Asgard. When away there is a space for women currently taking up the teaching under the current royal sorceress, Karnilla, to tune their skills outside of the Nornkeep without the magnification of the Norn Stones. The items in question being the very same the sisters of Nornheim are meant to protect as the trained practitioners of the arts of sorcery in Asgard. Of the sisters one is meant to eventually take up the position of royal sorceress come the time when a new ruler of the nine realms is chosen. Thus carrying on the title in ruling Nornheim as its independent province and assisting in the protection of Asgard.

Hearing the whispers of those currently in practice the girl stopped rushing and instead hid herself away to find what she was looking for. Scanning the crowd of others her age in practice as she remained tucked into the shadows, one student spotted her rather easily. This one standing opposite of Karnilla currently critiquing the others trying their best to focus on what they were conjuring. Watching her tug at the sleeve of her instructor for permission the woman nodded in understanding for the student to immediately rush in the direction of the girl who had searched for her.