𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦

༺⊰-------------------------------------------------⊱༻

CHAPTER NINE,
the godseye

❝ i need to know if it is me ❞

i need to know if it is me

༺⊰-------------------------------------------------⊱༻

THE ALL-MOTHERS CHAPEL had hardly been touched in several years with the lack of battles the realm eternal underwent due to their time of peace. Einherjar warriors used the religious place to pray for their safe return prior to battle in order to guarantee them some assistance in the field. This was where Evanora watched from the crack in the doorway as Loki and Lena both looked pressed on what had happened with Odin moments prior.

"I think you're being a bit vain, he could have turned to the two of you for any number of reasons."

"You saw the look he had at me, he seemed terrified. I've never seen my father scared no less because of his own son."

Trying to get closer to hear the conversation that was silenced due to her distance, she felt a nudge from another figure's presence and jumped in surprise. The short squeal she yelled sent the two inside to turn to where she had been hiding. "Didn't mean to frighten you Evanora, I would have been happy to just spy as well," Thor explained with a smile that helped ease her.

"What are you doing here?" Lena scolded the pair, stepping forward while Loki stayed behind her. Pointing a finger to Evanora she straightened out immediately. "And you shouldn't be here either, what did I tell you before?"

Raising his hands up defensively she continued to look to Thor annoyed. "Considering it's my father acting suspicious I have great reason to be involved, but thank you Lena."

"So, what's going on?" Evanora stepped up to ask. The other three turned to her suddenly enough to have her wish to shrink back to the place she had been hiding in. "If you didn't want to make a scene with your departure I wouldn't be here."

Thor was the only one who laughed at her comment, seeing the other two not return it and cleared his throat to cover it up. Lena only briefly acknowledged the other prince before focusing her attention back onto Evanora. "You need to go back to the court, alright? Nothing is wrong."

Seeing Loki debating this she shot him a look to say he didn't help this situation as he looked to Evankra instead. "Would your father care if you intruded? In his meetings that is?"

Straightening out as they looked to her questionably, Lena was quick to dismiss his ideas in order to keep her out of the situation. "The two of us can handle this, she doesn't need to be involved."