𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵

༺⊰-------------------------------------------------⊱༻

CHAPTER EIGHT,
the royal feast of gullveig

CHAPTER EIGHT, the royal feast of gullveig

i promise to hold my tongue

༺⊰-------------------------------------------------⊱༻

FEAST DAYS were always Evanora's favorite as she continued to strain her cheeks from the amount of smiling she had done since the start of the festivities. The hall had been decorated every inch in celebration and the music continued to feel the space from the talented artists. Unable to catch her breath between movements she continued to dance on the floor both by herself and partners who would join her.

Clapping on the sidelines as the other dances continued in their center the twirls from the skirts of their dresses moved past her gracefully as she stared in awe. She longed for the feeling these events gave her, the joy and the passion from everyone in the brief night they were able to give themselves a break. The ringlet continued to sit on the top of her head by some form of luck as she proudly entered the dance circle again.

From the duration of the Evanora hadn't been able to spot Lena at any point during the festivities. Her letter had been ominous more than anything, saying she wasn't allowed to speak to her about magic as it was kept a secret even from Karnilla how things occurred the way they did. She had hoped speaking to her friend face-to-face would serve better ground for their discussion but found her to be busy, and rightfully so, due to the event.

At the end of the song the dancers on the floor clapped cheerfully and Evanora excused herself from her dance partner when noticing her father coming to join her. Harokin carefully took his daughter's hand which she assumed was meant to join her in a dance only to be led away from the floor. "Sure you couldn't use a break. You've gotten flushed."

"I'm only having fun, it's no bother," She said with a laugh, her joy slowly fading when seeing her mother joined with another individual, "Could you spare me, this is embarrassing?"

"He's a prince, only a bit older than you, it'd do you good to have another friend," Harokin eased his daughter as she tensed up beside him, "It'll make your mother happy."

In that moment she realized she was older now. She wasn't a child with her friends and embracing their joined girlhood. Her mother saw her blossomed age to be able to play matchmaker and it broke her spirit. "Evanora I had someone looking to take you for a dance. If you could spare yourself?"

Seeing the blonde smiling shyly beside her mother left her to ease herself in regard to the situation and nodded happily. Bowing to the prince after Evanora let go of her father the prince did the same for her to take his arm instead. Feeling flushed more so out of the watchful from the other ladies glaring at her she held onto her partner tightly out of nerves. "Surprised you haven't run off with Lena by this time. Two of you are hardly without the other," Thor mentioned as they awaited for the song to begin.