𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦

༺⊰-------------------------------------------------⊱༻

CHAPTER FIVE,
delivery

❝ good at hiding myself away as you're aware ❞

good at hiding myself away as you're aware

༺⊰-------------------------------------------------⊱༻

SITUATED BY the windowsill of her bedroom the young girl looked down towards the citizens below her. Below her. Evanora repeated this to herself and was reminded of her last conversation with the princling. She didn't see herself as being better than the common folk nor did she think anything separated herself from them.

She wondered if he was right. Remembering how Lena's family had lived before their daughter's powers led her to their increased status. Had she been so naïve? Being a lady of the court meant only flaunting her title to the masses of the nine realms. Were she to leave Asgard, even in negotiations, that would always be with her. There was nothing prideful of this, only shame; which made her hate the snake more for having her realize this.

Entering the room Evanora straightened up at the sight of her mother grinning towards her daughter. Waving the letter in her hands she appeared to be in the midst of a hurry. "I have a meeting to attend but I forgot to give this to your father," Lady Odyis informed her and handed the envelope to her.

Holding the item to have the wax seal of their family facing back at her she immediately voiced her concerns. "Father never lets me intrude in practices. He always insists I—"

"Just hand it to his second hand then. You're one for being sneaky." She tried to hide a smile as her mother leaned forward to kiss her forehead sweetly. "I'll see you for dinner, my jewel." With that the woman left as quickly as she came leaving her daughter to gather her belongings.

Her mother's words reigned true as she knew the familiar route towards the training area her father used for the warriors, but she never made it as far as she had now considering she never wanted to test the man's temper. His testament to the grounds being holy was his mission, preparing for war even at this time of peace was what gave his role such purpose. To have that be tainted with outsiders, even that of his own daughter, would cause a lecture that would last for months if she were lucky it'd be so quick.

Holding the excuse she had for her visit, Evanora held up the envelope to the lights overhead. Barely was she able to make-out the handwriting though she couldn't find anything legible enough. Hoping to stop to make this easier for herself she was caught off-guard by the sounds down the corridor.

The clashing of metal rung out from the doorway as she peered towards the direction from where it came. They were sparing no doubt as she listened to the uproar that followed from within the precious confines. From the gap in the doors she gave a gentle push to give herself more space to view the interior.