Chapter 13

Skye POV
"Here have these." I smile giving Lizzie a bra and underwear and one of my large hoodies. Lizzie blushes smelling the hoodie and grinning. "Thanks...it smells like you so I like it." She says before going into the bathroom.I smile at her before getting changed into a hoodie and some leggings.

My phone rings while Lizzie is still in the bathroom and I sigh grabbing it off the bed. My eyes narrow and my jaw clenched tightly as I see the huge name flashing as the phone buzzes.Dad. I press decline and sit on the bed a little confused and annoyed as to why he was calling me. As I put my head in my hands distracted Lizzie opens the bathroom door.

I plant a smile on my face and stand up laughing as my huge hoodie hangs down to her knees. I take her hand and walk downstairs. "Sit down and I'll get us some food and drinks." I say my brain still spinning after my dads call. She nods kissing my cheek and sitting on the couch.

My feet drag along the tiles as I make my way over to the kitchen. I stand at the bench and tap my fingers restlessly on the table.

My dad was horrible. He was abusive and cruel. When I left for University I told him to never call me again or talk to me. My mum had died when I was a kid,she was in a car crash and my older sister was the only one I had left as my dad left us for 2 years after she died and came back an alcoholic and drug addict. He hurt us everyday leaving bruises and breaking bones and yelling hurtful things at us as he drunk more and more. Eventually my sister left leaving me alone with him. He took all of his anger out on me, he used me to get him drugs and made me steal from shops. Why would he try and call me after 7 years?

"Skye you ok?." Lizzie asks from the couch as I stare at the floor in fear. I shake my head snapping my head out of my thoughts. "Yeh yeh I am fine...I'm gonna order pizza do you want pepperoni?" I reply flatly. Lizzie nods a frown appearing on her face. "Yes please, come here...are you sure your ok?" Lizzie asks worriedly holding her arms out.

I slowly walk over my eyebrows furrowed sitting down next to Lizzie.Lizzie pouts pulling me close. "What's up Skye you can tell me,"Lizzie whispers as I bite me lip frowning still. "Nothing it's fine I'm fine everything is fine." I reply sitting up and smiling. "I will be fine." I repeat making Lizzie frown. She nods unconvinced and kisses me gently. "You would tell me if you weren't right?" She asks anxiously.I nod not making eye contact with her and grab the tv remote turning the tv on.

"So what do you want to watch?" I ask my head resting on Lizzies chest. "Hmm what about twilight?"She asks laughing a little as she strokes my hair. I nod not really focused on the movie. Lizzie frowns a little and leaves little gentle kisses on my head as the movie starts.

I take a deep breathe and smile trying to forget about my dad and enjoy spending time with my girlfriend. "Ew I hate Edward." Lizzie giggles as Edward walks into the cafe making me chuckle at her. "Oooo I love Alice...you know I met Ashley Greene once at the red carpet." I exclaim remembering the time. Lizzies eyebrows raise and she nods impressed. I smile forgetting my past for the moment and focusing on Lizzie.

I snuggle into Lizzies arms her hands around my waist and my head in the crook of her neck. She chuckles softly as my nose tickles her neck.I sigh smiling and holding her hands gently as we continue the movie.

My mind spins trying to think of a reason my father would call me. Anger burns through me as I think of the things he did to me and to my sister. My hands form into a fist and my jaw clenches again and again.

"Skye stop please tell me what's wrong." Lizzie whispers pausing the movie. I sit up and put my face in my hands sighing. Lizzie rubs my shoulders and puts her chin on my back gently holding me. "Skye please tell me what's wrong." She whispers kissing my back gently. "C-can we just go to bed?" I ask.

Lizzie nods and stands up taking my hand and pulling me up the stairs stopping every few feet to kiss me. "Please tell me what's going on." She whispers worriedly. I ignore her and continue walking upstairs. I stop abruptly and turn to face Lizzie. "Do you want to share a bed or do you want your own?" I ask not making eye contact with her.

Lizzie tilts my chin up and kisses me gently. "I am staying wherever you are." She whispers gently pulling me into the bed. I pull the covers up to my chin and sigh closing my eyes. "Skye...please." Lizzie whispers laying down next to me. I turn to face her our noses barely and inch away from each other.

"My dad called me." I whisper a single tear slipping down my face. My spine tingle as the traumatising things he had done come back to me. Lizzies eyebrows narrow confused but she stays silent allowing me to continue. I turn off the lights to my room flicking the switch above my bed before turning back to Lizzie my eyes now full of tears.

I explain everything about my father as she listens closely her hand on my face wiping my tears as they fall. "I'm so sorry baby." Lizzie whispers kissing my cheeks gently as she comforts me. I nod and burst into tears shaking as she whispers to me.

I rest my head on Lizzies chest listening to her heart beat as I slowly fall asleep my tears slowly coming to a stop.