➣Chapter 1

The blazing light of the setting sun shone softly on the horizon as it sank more and more behind the golden foams of the ocean. Alyssa's feet sank into the still warm sand as she walk along the shore just like every single day when she had the opportunity, ever since she had learned to walk. The soft-blowing salty wind caught in her long, wavy bronze-glittering locks, giving her the feeling of desired freedom.

It was a thing she never had. Alyssa was the only child of a rich, noble family, so she spent most of her life studying, and practicing doing her duties correctly. However, this was not the life she really longed for, by no means.

She was quite small when she first heard about the pirate stories and various legends, and almost immediately became obsessed with them. She was also interested in every book on this subject, and alwaysseizing the opportunity to read them, of course, only in secret, since "it's not worthy of a lady", as everyone said.

"Miss Alyssa!"

Called her nanny at the back door of the mansion, whose garden door led down to the beach, which the girl used regularly. Slightly rumpled, she ran up the wooden stairs barefoot to put herself in order before dinner. Sitting at the table, she immediately felt in the air that something was coming up that she would most likely find out soon.

"You were out there again, weren't you?" Her mother asked in a disapproving accent. Alyssa didn't answer, just rolled her eyes irritably as she poked the food on her plate with her fork. "I thought you already dropped this particular habit of yours. You should behave more responsibly, which is why your father and I decided it was time to open a new phase in your life. You know you're already at that age that it's quite the time for you to get married."

"That's right, and we've already found the right husband for you." Her father agreed.

"Excuse me?" She asked in shock, letting the cultery slip out of her hand.

"Oh, don't worry, you're going to be in great hands. Your fiance is no other than Prince William, the youngest heir to the English dynasty."

"What? Uhm, I'm sorry, but- No, I can't- I'm not ready to get married! I don't even know him!"

"You will, very soon. Specifically, tomorrow!"

"Wha- Tomorrow?! Does anyone care what I  want?"

"Honey, a young lady does not 'want'. She just does what she has to do. Believe me, this is not the end of the world, just the opposite."

"I- I'm sorry but... I gotta take a breath." She stood up in shock, and left the dining room troubled.

She felt like her whole world was collapsing, there was no question of her marrying anyone. She knew she had to figure something out and that fast. After night came down and the sky was covered in dark ink, she was determined to do something she had been thinking about for almost her entire childhood. Escape. When everyone was asleep, and there was silence in the house, she got up from her bed in which she lay in her dress, then as quickly as she could, gathered a few things in a bag, then thoughtlessly slipped out the back door that she opened softly, and didn't stop from then on.

Her rushing footsteps hissed next to the flowers and bushes in the garden, until the stone path was replaced by sand, which, although it was harder to run in shoes, did not bother the girl either. Her heart was hammering in her chest from the adrenaline, for she knew that if anyone knew, what punishment she would be a part of, so she knew she couldn't get caught. But she had no plans, maybe just that she needs a ship. And someone who can help her get somewhere as far away from here as possible.

As she ran, her thoughts were soaring in her head, and the freedom she was about to taste. The only things she could hear was her heartbeat, and fast breathing, that's why it took her by surprise when unexpectedly she ran into something with full force, and fell to the ground with momentum.

"Ow." She moaned as she hit the ground with a thud.

"Aow! What was that?" A deep voice asked, then a figure of a man turned around. When he noticed her he bent down, and held out his hand to help her up. "Oh, pardon me m'lady, are you okay?" He asked on a caring voice.

"Yes, I'm sorry, I wasn't watching where I was g-" She answered but her word fell as she looked up into his deep brown eyes, and took his hand, the air became electric between them for a moment, then she recognized a well-known pirate in him in the moonlight. It was clear, his appearace told everything.

"Are- are you a pirate?" She asked slightly scared, as she took her hand out of his, and took a few steps back. She had never met a real pirate before, and she was worried about how dangerous he might be to her, but as it soon turned out, not at all.

"Indeed! My name is Captain Jack Sparrow, and if anything, I didn't expect such a pretty lady to stumble upon me tonight, but I can't deny how delighted I am about it. What's the reason of your rush so late at night, if I may ask?"

"My name is Lady Alyssa-Rose Edwards, and I'm actually escaping."

"Ah, well, me too. That's me' ship I came with. I'm only staying for tonight, this little hidden stretch of beach is currently providing to be the perfect hiding place for me." The pirate explained, and only then did Alyssa notice the majestic black ship anchoring a few feet away, melting into the darkness of the night.

"I guess I've heard about you before."

"Who haven't, my dear?"

"Sorry, for the question but... would it be possible for me to join you for a while, Captain?"

"Join me? You mean on my ship?"

"Yes. If you don't mind."

"Well, usually no one can sail with me for free or any way, especially not a girl, but maybe I can make an exception with you now. You absolutely seem like someone I'd be glad to take with me." He smirked.

"Thank you so much. I also have gold, I don't ask the voyage for free."

"No. Free of charge for you, dear." He smirked, and motioned toward the ship. "After you, miss."