➣Chapter 3

In the morning, Jack went out to the heights of the ship, and examined the water with his binoculars. The sun was shining strongly that day as well, but there was something that shone even brighter to his eyes. When the young lady appeared on the dock, Jack couldn't take his eyes off her, though he tried hard. He pulled out the map and his compass to check the direction as it switched in a pretty clear direction straight to his sweetheart. He closed it quickly, angrily, and took a deep breath. He had a strage feeling that he couldn't explain. Leaning on the railing, he looked at the girl in fascination, who was reading a book while sitting on a bench. It was a sight there like a work of art, an absurd yet perfect painting, because why would a lady read on a pirate ship with dirty, nasty people around her. She was different. Different from anyone he knew.

A while later, she walked around, and picked up a sword that was tilted to the edge of the ship. Jack's eyes twinkled and he stepped beside her.

"It looks good in your hands, savvy?"

"Thank you. It's very heavy though, not sure if I can lift it." She said, and tried, but the heavy item almost pulled her down.

"Careful." He said with concern, and grabbed her hand before something could have happened, and helped her hold it. "I can teach you how to use it. Might be useful."

"That would be awesome, Jack." She said excitedly which made him smile, and they discussed that the first training would begin in a short time.

She was holding the sword confidently, and tried to concentrate as much as she could while Jack explained the steps and moves, although for some reason his swelling muscles during fencing attracted more of her attention.

"Oh, my god! Are you okay?! Jack! I'm so sorry!" She said horrified, and stepped closer to take a look at his wound with guilt and worry.

"That face is priceless!" He laughed as he took his hand off his arm, which apparently had no trouble.

"I swear I'm going to kill you, Sparrow!" She frowned angrily, and would have crushed him into the ground.

"Yes, killing me with your beauty." He grinned and she froze. "You weren't expecting that, were ya? I know you'd never hurt me luv, just like I'd never hurt you." He winked smugly.

"We'll see." She winked back ironically and walked away.

Soon, the sky turned black from the gathered clouds, which soon turned into a pretty big strom. Jack and Alyssa shared a cabin, and Jack adored to annoy the girl by peeking behind while she was dressing.

"Jack, I asked you not to! It is not appropriate for a gentleman!" She whined, holding her dress infront of her bare chest.

"Who says I'm a gentleman?"

"If you weren't, you wouldn't care so much about me." She answered, and he got dead silence. He knew she was right, but he would have never admitted it.

"Sorry, love." He said with guilt, looking at her with sweet puppy eyes.

"It's fine. I already know you're gonna be the death of me." She told him with forgiveness.

"I think it's actually the opposite." He remarked ironically.

"Come on." She rolled her eyes, and got in his bed while he was lying on the sofa.

At first, everything was quite alright, but as the storm intensified, the waves tossed the ship all the more, and thundering lightnings awoke the girl. She had not experienced such a great storm for a very long time, and she was just as afraid of it as she was when she was a child. At that time, she always ran into her parents' room to sleep with them in their bed. However, now that she was at sea, she felt even more uncomfortable. She was scared.

"Are you okay, darling?" Asked Jack's deep voice coming from the edge of the bed, as his strong hand stroked her arm in the blanket.

"Uhm... yeah."

"I could hear you tossing and turning and what not. Is it because of the storm?"

"I think so."

"No problem, luv, would you like me to... stay with you for a while?"

"Uhm, it would be unethical if... I mean... Sorry, maybe you'd better stay." She said after realizing that her fear was above the rules in every way, especially that she was not currently obliged to follow them.

"Of course I'll stay. You're terrified, my dear." He remarked with concern, and got in the bed beside her. Her heart was throbbing since she never had a man in her bed, and it was all foreign to her. She wasn't even sure if it was morally correct, but guessed not. Right then it didn't even bother her, she just wanted to feel safe, and with him she really did. It felt just right.

"I'll stay here until the storm is over, okay?" He asked her.

"Okay, Thank you, Jack."

"Don't mention it, sweetheart." He replied, and waited until she got comfortable, then said, "You can come closer if you'd like to. I swear I won't touch." He joked. She scooted a little closer, then fell asleep in minutes. In her sleep, she subconsciously cuddled to his chest, and even said his name which made him very surprised. He carefully stroked her soft hair, and wondered until he fell asleep as well.