Chapter - 5

After three days, I was able to get in line with Aryan. He picked his phone after making me call for 12 times. What the heck is he doing, I don't know. He answered his phone saying," Hi, this is Aryan. May I know who is on the other side please?" I replied back, it's me, Aya. Hey Aya, how are you doing? Is everything okay now? I want to tell him, nothing was okay since he ignored my 12 calls for the past three days. I replied plainly, all okay Aryan and how about you?

He told me he was doing okay and asked me the reason for my calls. Aaham... I cleared my throat and continued speaking, "I missed my two volumes of personal diary at wedding hall. If you had found anything, please let me know. I will come in person and collect it from you" He replied immediately," Sorry Aya for your loss. I didn't find any such thing" I hid to Aya on purpose to read her personal diary.

While she was asking me about it, I was smirking and responded like nothing happened. Poor girl, she doesn't know that her diary was with me. I found it after two days of her cancelled wedding. I opened one of it and found it was last year volume. I started reading it. The story flows how Aya fallen for Varun and how he trapped the poor girl in his love. The video cassette of so called marriage - drama (cancelled shaadi) has arrived to my home after three weeks.

Amu Didi opened the package and made the entire family sit to watch together like Live IPL match to watch my flopped marriage. The video started. All were busy in watching the relatives, their dresses, jewels. But, I was so busy in finding out the diary thief. After wasting my three hours, I found him. I found the culprit who stolen my diary. I called Riya and said all that happened in past three days. She told me, she will come home and let's sort out together.

We made a plan to get back my diary. By the time, we sort it out, it was already past 10 pm. Amu Didi shouted at me to let Riya go home and have sleep. Also, she added, I have a surgery to handle tomorrow. So, having a enough sleep is very important. I bid bye to Riya and sent her home with my driver since it's too late. Then, I fell asleep in my bed. Next day, I got up late and was getting ready in a hurry burry. I got up and went inside my washroom to turn on the tap.

Err... Something went wrong and water did not come in my washroom. It's already late and I decided to take bath in Papa's room. He was ready with towel and other stuffs to take bath. I went inside his room and pushed him and went inside his washroom to take bath first. Poor Dad was seeing me like a kid whose candy was pushed down and it was covered with mud. I got ready by time and reached my hospital. It was sharp 10 am and my co-doctors and nurses were ready at OT.

I rushed inside and changed to surgical dress. The operation was about three hours and finally we saved that patient. The greatest happiness in this field is to save a life which is equal to creating one. I went to change my dress in the staff room and saw Varun waiting for me at my cabin. After changing, I went to him and gave him a glance. He saw me and gave me a paper. It has the list of stuffs he gave me during relationship and for wedding.

I asked him, what was all about and he told me that he wants me to return all those stuffs by tomorrow. I nodded ok in angry and left the place. Next day, I brought all those stuffs including the necklace they gave me in marriage ceremony. He checked the things with list and told okay. He turned around to leave the place. I stopped him and told him that I don't need him to return any stuffs given by me during past one year and even wedding stuffs. He laughed out loud and said, "Thank You Aya for your mercy and I am not a beggar. I don't need anything from you".

I got angry and said, "That's fine Varun, if you are not a beggar, let me give this ring to a beggar" Saying this, I plucked the engagement ring from Varun's hands. He was furious and left the place in rage. I went back home and called Aryan's hand phone and it was not reachable. I got his landline number from Riya and gave a ring. Someone picked it up. I said, "Hi, this is Aya and may I speak to Aryan" It was his Mom and she replied, "Sorry beta, Aryan just now left to Airport".

I was shocked and asked her, "What, to Airport? Why suddenly? Could you tell me which flight is he going to catch? She told me it was Dubai Flight at 9 pm. It was already 7 pm. So, I rushed to Airport. I saw him near boarding pass. He was surprised to see me there. I asked him in sign language that does he have my diary. He winked at me saying yes and left to board the flight. Oh no! Is my diary going to Dubai? Why is he going to Dubai? Why did he hide my diary on purpose? Many questions circled my mind and I left home in vain.