Chapter - 13

I took Aya from the jeep to her room. Her Mom and Papa thanked me as well as the cops. Amu didi went to kitchen to fetch water for Aya. I dropped Aya on her bed slowly. She did not let me go by holding my hands tightly. I sat next to her and cuddled her hair. She must be very lonely and scared there. "Thank God! You helped me save my Aya. What would have happened if we did not reach on time?", those thoughts drove me nuts.

Amu Didi came inside and cleared her throat to distract me.  I stood up from the chair still holding Aya's hands. Amu didi noticed and gave me a glance. I tried to take my hand from hers but she held it firmly. Amu Didi smiled at me and gestured " It's alright ". Doctor came to check on Aya. After few hours, she gained consciousness. Amu didi hugged her immediately. Aya's parents came and gave warm hugs. It was like a family melodrama.

I (Aya) opened my eyes slowly. I saw Aryan standing next to me and I was holding his hands tightly. Amu didi and doctor were around me. Amu Didi immediately hugged me. I was so happy to see them. I thought I would die in the hands of those gangsters. It was my destiny or miracle of God, I came back to my family. Doctor checked on me and prescribed some medicines to Amu Didi and she went to sendoff doctor.

Ma and Papa gave me warm hugs and I felt so touched. After sometime, my mom fed me soup. Papa went to buy some fruits and groceries. Amu Didi left to her home to cook something for Kid and Jeeju. Mom went to kitchen after giving me soup. All these while, Aryan was observing me standing in the corner of the room. I gestured him to come near me. I felt so tired and I can't overstrain myself. He walked towards me. I told him, " Thanks for saving me"

He gave me a glance and told, " Always welcome Ms. Aya. Is there anything else or shall I leave? " in a anger tone. " Hey, what happened? Why are you so serious suddenly? Did I tell you anything offensive? ", I asked him in surprise. He raised one eyebrow and told, " Why did you thank me then? Oh, I forgot. We are strangers right? Do you actually know me, Aya? Haan tell me?

I raised my hands to ears as a gesture of apologizing. He immediately pulled my hands and smirked at me, " Hey Buddhu (Idiot), I was just kidding you". I smiled at him. I asked him, " How did you find me? " And, in response, he explained me the entire story how he and Amu Didi plotted with Cops to rescue me from that gang. He asked me about them. I told him that I don't know who they were and why did they do that to me. They kept me in a dark room.

He told me to relax and he will get hold of them very soon. My phone rang and it was from Varun. Aryan got irritated seeing display name. He passed the phone to me. I answered the phone and Varun told about an urgent case. It was one year old kid, named Meethu and she was suffering from Spinal Cord Atrophy. She has to be operated before she is turning two years for the treatment to be effective. The management does not take her case since it costs around 16 crores.

He wants me to come to the hospital immediately. I told Aryan about this issue in my hospital. We rushed to hospital after telling the case to my parents. I went to her ward and that tiny kid was suffering from illness. It was so painful to see her in that condition. Her parents were crying outside her ward and I tried consoling them. It was no use. I went to see chief doctor. He was in his cabin. I knocked his door and entered in.

He was casually reading a magazine. I was so furious and I shouted at him to save that little kid. He told that it costs too much and our country lacks those technologies. To purchase it from other countries, it would cost a lot. Even government are helpless in this case. They have some funds for the kid and it is like a drop in a vast ocean. We need more money to save her. It's all now in God's hands. He finished his talk.

I asked him for the contact from whom we need to purchase those equipments. I spoke to them over phone and tried negotiating them. They finally accepted to send around 5 crores as advance amount and to pay the entire amount within 30 days after receiving the equipments. If not, the consequences would be horrible. I called my Papa and signed a cheque of 5Cr to pay as deposit. For rest of the money, we need to do something.

This chapter is dedicated to Child, Mithra. #savemithra