Chapter - 10

My phone rang while my mom scolding me for skipping meals. I took the phone and it was Aryan. I got up from the dining table and went inside my room to answer him. He started, " Ma got consciousness, Aya. Thank you so much. I will never forget this in my life. You saved my mom. She is the only family I have now. Thanks a lot Aya. I am so eager to see you. Could you please drop by hospital?" I said him, " It's ok Aryan. It was my duty as a doctor. I will come see your mom and you today. Got to go now. Bye"

I hanged up the call. I went to finish my meal or else my mom would thrash me today. The door bell rang. Papa shouted, " Bindhu ! Check immediately, it might be Amrita" I ran away to door step. I opened the door. It was Amu didi. I hugged her tightly. " Amu didi, I missed you so much, more than Jeeju and Arjun " Yes Arjun was her cute little baby. Didi hugged me back and told I too missed you Aya. But, I didn't miss your Jeeju and Arjun. I was very happy at least for few days.

While we were having conversation at the door step, Jeeju came. He was staring at Amu didi in disappointment. She gave a smile at him and told that she was kidding. We went inside and all were having chai and discussed about Amu didi's trip. Papa asked about the conference and business related stuffs. Mom was so excited to know about the places and food. All were busy in their own excitement. But, I want to tell didi all those happened here in her absence.

After the discussion, Didi left home with Jeeju in hurry since she has to clean up the mess at her home. I didn't get time to speak to her personally. I got ready by evening to visit Aryan's mom at hospital. I dressed up in a pink chudi with blue salwar. I wore a big jhumki matching my dress and a blue bindhi.  It was after many days I dressed up well. It was around 6 pm. I took my car and went to hospital. Aryan was waiting for me in the corridor. I went near him.

He got up and came to hug me. I suddenly stepped back. He took his hands back as response. " Hey Aya, sorry. And thanks for coming. I was waiting from morning to thank you. Thank you so much. Also, Ma wants to see you too. Shall we go inside? " I nodded yes and we went inside. I checked her vitals and a normal body check up to be taken after the surgery. I filled medical forms and got it signed by Aryan.

After finishing all of my formalities, I spoke with his mom. I asked her how is she feeling now. She thanked me for saving her life. She blessed me saying I will get all my wishes fulfilled. But she don't know that, her own son shattered my wishes. I left the room. I was sitting in my cabin. I saw an invitation at my table. I opened to see who is getting married. It was Varun's invitation. He is getting married to Manvi. I was surprised and happy at the same time. Finally, my sacrifice has got a value.

I called up Riya to tell her this. She answered my call and I told her all those stuffs. How Aryan's mom got admitted here, her surgery, recovery, Amu didi return, and last about Varun Manvi wedding. She was angry but somehow convinced by my talks. Around  ten days passed since the surgery. I was taking care of his Mom with utmost care. I really love her so much like I loved him. After all, she is his Ma.

I took care of her, gave her medicines, took her for morning and evening walks, fed her food and spoke to her when she was bored. It was tiring these days. Tomorrow is her discharge. I called up Aryan and handed over him all the forms, prescriptions and other instructions to take care of her. His mom started crying. What happened ma? I asked her. She smiled and told me, I don't want to get discharged. I will be bored at home without you Aya. You took care of me well and I want to stay here.

Aryan started smiling. " Ma, don't worry. I will be with you at home for few days. I also called up aunt to take care of you. Also Sara will be accompanying aunt. And, already we caused trouble to Aya for past ten days. Let her take rest ma. Please". I was moved by his Mom's love. I went near her and gave a hug. I promised her that I would pay visit once a week or 10 days to see her. After all these melodrama, I decided to leave home. It was a tiring day.

I started my car. I was returning home. Amu didi called me and I told her I'm driving and will reach home in 20 minutes. Suddenly, a car hit mine. I became unconscious. I felt someone took me out of my car and put me in another vehicle. I could feel the vehicle moving due to it's acceleration. I cannot open my eyes. My head was paining like hell because of the hit. Slowly, my eyes started closing. I lost my senses. After many hours, I opened my eyes. I was in a dark room. Omg! Was I kidnapped? I shouted "Help me!"