Chapter - 16

My first date got ruined because of this society. I texted Aryan that I can't make it today and threw my phone on the bed. After sometime, my phone rang. It was him. I answered the call. He questioned me" Hi Aya, what happened? Why did you not come today?" I kept mum. I am not in the mood to answer anyone. I told, " Aryan, I am sorry for today and I will explain you everything some other time" and hanged up the call.

Three days passed and I didn't message him or call. He gave me ten missed calls and few text messages. I left unattended. I thought of reaching out to him today. I took my phone and called him. He told me to come home for dinner with his Mom. I refused him. He told that he would be delighted to have dinner with two of his favourite persons together. I smiled lightly. This was my first smile after that incident. All at home lost happiness because of Nirmala Aunty.

I went to Ma's room. Come in beta, she made me sit next to her and cuddled me. Tears started flowing from my eyes. " Ma, Am I a burden to you and Papa? Did I make you both ashamed? Did I hurt you? Am I a reason for your condition now? I am so sorry ma. I never expected all these would happen. I never thought to put you two guys down. I always wanted to make you both proud Ma. I am so sorry ma.. I love you a lot ma" Emotions became uncontrollable for both of us.

"Aya beta. Don't cry. Stop it I say. When did I tell you made us feel ashamed? Did we scold you or blame? Don't mind the society beta. We are a family and we never put down each other and ignore the outsider's comments. Beta, we are always proud to have two daughters. We never felt you or Amu as a burden. You both are our treasure  Your Papa never shows his feelings. But inside his heart he loves you both a lot. He wants you both to be always happy and successful.

Never forget your smile is our happiness and your tears are our sorrow." My mom's words gave me warmth. I hugged her so tightly. "Thankyou Ma. You are really a God-Angel. Don't forget to take medicines. I will stop by Aryan's home for dinner Ma. You Papa and Amu didi have dinner without me. Love you".
My mom pulled me and asked" Is that guy who saved you from Gangsters?" I replied, " Haan Ma".

" Hey Buddhu, then take him some sweets and go. Come back home soon. I and your Papa will be waiting." I texted him back, " Sure I will be at 7 pm" and left home with laddoos to Aryan's place. It was around 6:50 pm and I was ten minutes early. I went to his doorstep and heard some noise in the garden. I thought of surprising him and walked slowly. I saw Aryan having argument with his Mom. His Mom seemed to be angry.

I stepped back and tried to overhear their conversation. Aryan was telling, " Ma, What's your problem in having dinner with Aya? Please Ma, be broad minded. She is really nice girl. Also, having a dinner doesn't causes sin." His Mom replied, " Aryan beta, you are too naive to understand these girls. They will look like nice girls. But they really not the ones. See, you have seen her cancelling the Shaadi the day before and now hanging up with you beta.

Even you are not permanent. She will jump to another guy after few days." Aryan shouted, " Ma BAS! Stop it please. Don't speak ill of her. She was the one who saved your life. She took care of you like her own mother and what are you doing in return to her? You are badmouthing her. It's too unfair to do Ma. Stop it. Ma, try to understand. She is good girl and regarding cancelling her marriage, she would have her reasons. Don't judge people with your opinions Ma".

His mother shouted back, " Aacha beta, she made you stand against me. Shabash! I know these kind of girls will not build a family; instead they will ruin a family. She doesn't have any self respect and even let her own family down by cancelling her marriage. Do you still that think she is nice girl ? Also, remember you are going to get engaged to Sara next month. If she comes to know about this, our family reputation will be ruined and I will die"

I dropped the sweets on the ground. In response, Aryan and his mom turned towards me. I was frozen for a moment. Aryan came running to me. I thought not to hear anything from him. I don't want to create a drift between him and his mom. I started running from his house. He followed me back. We went to main road and he was still coming back of me. Suddenly a car hit him hard. He flew up and fell back on the ground.