Chapter Two; In The Arms Of A Witch

Wanda spent most of her days watching the sun rise and set, occasionally walking over to her astral projection to read up on the darkhold herself

Wanda spent most of her days watching the sun rise and set, occasionally walking over to her astral projection to read up on the darkhold herself. That's how her days went for going on two weeks now.

After the debacle with WestView, she went to the most secluded and unfindable place she could reach to settle, building her own cabin.

It was quite perfect in her eyes. The cabin was a warm brown color, furnished old but stern steps, sided with pretty rose bushes that had yet to bloom due to it being winter.

Speaking of winter, the mountains behind the cabin were sparkling with snow underneath the noon sun, leaving a pretty glimmer across the mid sized stream closest to her cabin.

She didn't go to the stream much either, it was there but she didn't find urge to go but something different made her want to check it out today.

As always, she held a cup of tea and sighed as the minty aroma wafted into her nose, giving her a sense of peace and relaxation. That wasn't something she got a lot of nowadays and she knew it was her fault. She chose to use chaos magic, she chose to take the darkhold and learn more about her power instead of completely flying under the radar.

Everything was a choice and to her, it seems that every choice was the wrong one.

With a soft huff, she walked alongside the stream that had twisted beyond the trees to the large lake. She had never ventured past the outline of the trees for fear of being spotted by anyone who decided to come hiking or kayaking along the alps. It was very unlikely for anyone to even land near where she was but, she couldn't be too careful, especially with the way things left off with Sword.

She knew that Hayward had been taken into custody but he was powerful, he had people like puppets on a string. She was sure he would find another way to weasel his way into Sword and she knew he wouldn't stop at finding her. Not this time.

But she tried to make herself believe that she was safe here and keeping herself far away meant everyone else would be safe as well. She had to believe that because if she didn't, what was this all for?

As she walked, lifting the mug to her lips to take a sip, her eyes squinted when she saw something washing up stream toward her cabin which made her quickly stop in her tracks.

She'd never seen anything other than a couple leaves and maybe twigs lost in the stream. Nothing like this..

Her hand reached out, wrapping around the square plank of wood that looked to be ripped apart from something. It was chipped white paint with a letter H and A on it.

She moved the wood to the grass, studying it in confusion. At the same time, more objects started to float upstream. Pieces of wood, a canteen; it wasn't until she spotted a shoe floating after the debris that she raised up, fear striking her.

A thousand possibilities ran through her mind. Someone could've gotten into an airplane crash.. but she would've heard that. Maybe someone could be kayaking and aren't very earth friendly with their mess. But broken wood pieces and a lost shoe? That'd mean they were in trouble.