Chapter Three; Breaking and Entering and Eating

"Where the fuck is my shoe?"

I've been looking around this goddamn lake for going on two hours now, trying to salvage all that I could. And I just had to lose my lucky boot in the meantime. For one, I don't even understand how I go from crashing in the ocean and miraculously ending up on a lake. A lake in front of Wanda fucking Maximoff's cabin. If that isn't luck, I don't know what is.

But that luck cut short because I was walking around in one wet boot and missing half of my stuff. "Oh baby." I breathed out, rushing into the water once I saw my backpack floating. I had to do that weird run thing where you have to run with your knees up high, the water dangerously close to resembling running in your dreams.

It was terrible and I wish I could jump over it but knowing that these trees probably had eyes, I kept to my human-ish side.

Once I reached my backpack, I ripped it open, eager to get something into my body. "No.." I mumbled, seeing the gold fish packets and pretzels completely.. soaked. "No no no." Groaning, I threw the backpack as far as I could, making it land on the sand with a dust cloud raising because of it.

Now what am I suppose to eat to curb my hunger? If I didn't eat, I'd be more weak than I am already and that meant less energy. Less energy meant being too tired to move and that resulted in fourteen to twenty hours of sleep.

Which would only leave me more drained— I need to fucking eat.

At the same time as my thoughts stated the obvious, I began to smell the most mouth watering, drool dripping, floating through the air blindly, smell ever. Automatically, my feet took me forward and I couldn't stop myself if I tried.

Within the path, I knew exactly where I was heading and I knew I wasn't truly over my anger but my hunger was louder than that right now.

What is she making?

Once I stepped beyond the trees, I paused for a moment, closing my eyes and trying to tune all of my senses.

Spices, hot and sweet spices.. meat— God meat.. I creeped forward, slowly lifting onto her steps before sliding over to peek into the window. I'm very much aware of how stalker-like I'm being but put yourself in my shoes. No real food for almost two days and this is what I'm faced with? A woman I hate more than anyone in the world making something so delicious? What am I suppose to do?

As I looked through the window, I saw her gliding around the kitchen with ease but when she moved to the side, I was able to see what was in the pan. And I have no idea what it is but it looks amazing.

Maybe I can just.. I'll wait until night falls and when she's well off in her room, I'll sneak in and just grab myself a tiny bit. It's not really stealing if it's put to good use right?

In the midst of my apparent food-thieving plot, Wanda slowly walked back in front of the stove, her eyebrows furrowed in, seemingly, deep thought. Hopefully she didn't take hours to fall asleep because I was desperately craving a meal and whatever she whipped up looks damn good..