Chapter Seven; One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

The sun on your skin

The sun on your skin.. the lake.. the water.. water moving and water droplets and— I have to pee.

Groaning, I dropped back onto the ground. "I can't do this shit." I whispered, tired of trying to concentrate energy. I could fly a car into the sky, tear a tree from the roots, and choke someone with my mind but I can't make a glass of water appear in front of me.

I could hear my sisters voice in my head, teasing, "What kind of witch are you?"

Well quite frankly, she had a point because I don't even know at this point. "Okay just," I raised up and shrugged my shoulders a few times, then rolling my neck to relax my muscles. "Just focus, Y/n."

I stared out at the water and sat crossed legged while raising my right hand as if I was holding a glass already. I had to visualize it and will it into existence. That was in my lessons and if I had paid attention, I could probably do it by now.

But, the past is the past.

My eyes focused on the lake, the water moving and I locked that thought into my brain. Water.. flowing.. flow into my goddamn hand please.

I took a single deep breath and started to close my right hand slowly, imagining the feeling of the glass sitting against my skin and the sound of water filling it up.

Just like now.

My eyes widened as I stared at my hand, watching a glass slowly start to fix itself into my hand like ash coming together.

"Hey!" I jumped in shock, the glass vanishing into thin air again. I faked a cry as I dropped back onto the ground again, still staring at my hand. I was so close. "What are you doing?" Wanda rounded in front of me with furrowed eyebrows.

"I.. I just wanted to make a glass of water." I mumbled, the space between my fist making me want to cry. Did you see how close that was? I almost had it!

"Oh, all you had to do was ask." I flipped my eyes to Wanda and saw her wave her fingers before the space between my hand was no longer empty. She smiled widely, motioning to the glass. "There you are. Drink up!"

I rolled my eyes and sat the glass down before pushing onto my feet and brushing past her. "Thank you, but no thank you." I walked along the edge of the lake before leaning down to feel the water, checking the temperature.

"Well you said you wanted water." She came along side me and eyed me as I cupped my hands and lifted the water up, staring at it as if I could mentally make it appear in cup form.

As if— no as if, I should be able to. I'm a frickin' witch! "Just.. turn," I whispered to the water cupped in my hands. "Don't be shy."

"Okay," Wanda rested her hand on my shoulder and slightly lifted me up. "I'm beginning to get concerned. Is this the wolf people alien side of you?"