Chapter Four; Did I Say That Out Loud?

"Badass agent to lame ass agents, does anyone hear me?" I shook the watch, huffing when I still received no answer

"Badass agent to lame ass agents, does anyone hear me?" I shook the watch, huffing when I still received no answer. "Helloooo, anyone copy? Or whatever the hell you guys say." 

Useless piece of— now I had no way of contacting these damn people, plus my boat was wrecked and the sails ripped. That meant I'd have to rebuild it myself to leave and that alone would take a minimum of a month and half, two months depending how quickly I could find the materials.

I could just have Wanda fix me up a boat but that would be taking the easy route and I, Y/n Y/ln, do not take easy routes. Never have, never will.

So I threw the watch back into my backpack before raising up and moving out of my mini home cave. If I couldn't connect with these assholes, then I'd have to take matters into my own hands and I'm sure they wouldn't like that so.. something had to be figured out.

In the meantime, I started to pull what was left of my boat onto the sandy shore, trying to piece everything together.

Most of the boat was tore apart or indented but that's not what I was worried about. It was figuring out how to configure the steering wheel again. That's the one thing I knew I'd have trouble with. But, like I said, no easy routes. I'd figure it out.

I got right to work at the top of the morning. First starting with laying everything out, piece by piece; then deciding how much of a size down I'd do. I couldn't have my nice sized boat as before but I could go for a nice, small, motorized sail boat. Especially if I take these pieces off correctly.. I could definitely make it work.

As I grabbed a plank of wood, my head immediately perked up at the smell of two different aromas. More mint and bacon.

"You've been busy." I jumped slightly before turning around in time to see Wanda walking out from the trees with a warm smile and a small bag in her hand.

She was dressed differently today, more.. well kept then yesterday. The day before she was clad in grey sweats and a matching grey pull over, white house shoes and white socks on her feet. Today she wore light blue jeans, a black shirt tucked in with a dark blue cardigan pulled over.

"Just trying to fix the boat." I replied and lifted up, wiping my brow with the back of my hand as I started to sweat. Time to play nice, I guess.

"So I see." She stopped beside me, her eyes squinted as she surveyed the shore line littered with wood and what looked to be a bunch of junk. "And how's that working out for you?" Her eyes raised to mine with a teasing smirk, making me chuckle before crouching down to pull the last pieces of wood out. "I brought you breakfast. You looked pretty hungry yesterday so I figured you'd need something today as well."

"You're too sweet." I said with subtle mockery, rolling my eyes since my back was turned. When I raised up, she held the bag out to me with a wide smile. "Thank you." I grabbed the bag and turned around to walk back to my spot, sighing when she followed after me.