f i v e ↣ peachy

┌───────────────────┐

└───────────────────┘

M E G A N

After a few days, a few members of the group—including Michonne—managed to retrieve Glenn and Maggie from Woodbury. Glenn returned nearly beaten to death and Maggie hasn't said a word since they got back.

Daryl's long-lost brother, Merle, and the group's old friend, Andrea, are now trying to warn us of an attack from their own people. Apparently it's coming any day now.

Rick has had us on high alert for the past few days ever since hearing about the governor's plan to attack.

Beth and I sit inside the cabin of the south guard tower, watching the trees for motion as if our lives depended on it.

The girl actually wanted to join me in my ongoing avoidance of cell block corridor. She even agreed that she felt a bit stuffy as well.

"Hey Megan," Beth hesitantly starts, causing me to look over at her. "You really think the governer's going to try and take this place?" Beth pipes up.

"I have no idea." I start. "This whole thing is kind of new to me." I dangle my feet back and forth over the edge.

"Yeah, I've rarely seen people outside of our group before." Beth says with a sigh. "Except for you—and a guy called Randall." She says, motioning to me with her hand.

"So I'm still outside of the group." I say quietly as to not push my luck.

"No—no," She starts. "It's just—you're new."

"I'm new." I state, a little more pleased with this response.

After a moment of comfortable silence between us, one of the trees rustles and we both snap our heads in the direction, but it's just the wind.

"Have you seen Carl around?" Beth asks.

"No."

"He's always off somewhere—or hiding in his cell." She sighs. "Avoiding people at all costs. The kid's going to become a recluse."

"I don't even know what that is." I say, causing Beth to let out a loose laugh at the statement.

"Oh I forgot, you haven't been in school since you were—how old?" She asks.