63. Amelia

Amelia woke up to blinding sunshine pouring through the windows. As her eyes adjusted to the light, she automatically looked for Chase. She found him right next to her, face down, snoring peacefully. His face was turned towards her and she admired him, focusing on the features of his profile. Oh, how she would miss him. She had already gotten used to waking up with him by her side and going to bed in his arms. She lightly smoothed a stray lock of his hair that was sticking up adorably on his head.

She smiled to herself. These three days were absolutely amazing. They were the happiest days of her entire life. Was this what normal people experienced everyday? She would never have thought it possible. It was a strange thing to go from being completely alone, to having someone by your side. She must admit that she liked living this way. 

She thought of all the days when she was still completely alone even when she was with Jack. They never did much together. Maybe it was college, or work, or a busy schedule, but they just never spent the time to enjoy each other's company. Now that she reflected on her experiences in that past relationship, she realized how different things were for other people. 

Chase treated her like a queen. Before him she didn't even know that men could be this way, that they could care, or feel hurt, or worried because of love. Men were always supposed to have a tough exterior and often times she didn't expect the men in her life to show any emotion. But then again, she didn't start out with a good role model. The first man in her life was her father and he was a complete and utter failure. Maybe it was him that had set the precedent for all the other men to follow. He gave her an image of the standard she should expect and it wasn't very promising.

However, Chase was different. She was aware of how she sounded when she said he was different. It was a cliché. Every woman  wants to meet the one man that is different. But in the end they all turn out the same. Even knowing that, Amelia still believed that Chase was the exception. She could see it when he looked at her. She even heard it in his voice when he asked her to stay.

She looked at his sleeping form and tried to memorize this moment so that she could call upon it later. His eyes moved under his lids caught in a dream and the stubble from yesterday had darkened overnight. She traced a line along his jaw with one finger and watched as a muscle twitch in response to her touch. His eyes slowly flutter open. He blinked a few time and then his gazed locked onto hers.

"Sorry," she said sympathetically, "didn't mean to wake you."

"there's no better way to wake up," he retorted with a grin. 

He pushed himself up on his arms and she appreciated the way his muscles bulged as he crawled on top of her. He nudged her legs apart and came to rest between him. His body covered hers completely. 

"Wrap your legs around me baby."

His voice had gotten low and husky and she blindly complied with his request.

He supported himself on his arms and shifted so that he was aligned perfectly with her center. Apparently some other parts of him were happy to be up as well.

He knew she could feel him throb against her and he gave her a very dirty look.

"Tell me Li, what do you think about when I'm inside you?"

He was starting down at her with such intensity. She felt her entire body blush as her heart sped up under his gaze. She licked her lips nervously and his eyes zeroed in on the small movement.

What did she think about? Well, lots of things, but they weren't things she was expecting to voice out loud. She squirmed in an attempt to get out from under him. His arms were acting like a cage and his weight pinned her down. There was no escape. She was completely at his will.