79. Amelia

Amelia waited all week to be sure of her decision. She was going to live with him and she knew it was the best thing for her at the moment. After careful consideration she realized that it had been so long since she felt loved by anyone. This opportunity probably wasn't going to present itself again, if she turned him down. She loved him and this was naturally the next step in their relationship. Albeit it was a little fast, but sometimes this is just the way it is. Everything had happened fast since they met. Perhaps that was the way it was meant to be. Sometimes you need to take a chance in life. This was her chance. Chase was her chance at happiness and everything she ever dreamed of. So what if it might not work out in the end? She could never know for sure. No one could know for sure. All you had to do was hope for the best. That's the most anyone can do in life.

She decided to invite him over to her place, cook him dinner and then give him the good news. It was what he wanted and she knew he was going to be terribly happy when she told him.

She felt excited and thrilled at the thought. She couldn't remember ever making such an important decision in any relationship. She did live with Jack, but that was more out of convenience than love. She had moved in with him because she didn't have a better option. She was young and trying to find her way in a new city. It was either live with him and try to finish college, or move back home and go to a local school. She didn't want that. Somehow if she'd moved back home she would feel like a failure. It had meant too much to her to stay and try to find a way to graduate. She was driven to be successful not matter how hard the journey was.

Being with Chase was so different from being with Jack. Chase was someone who only existed in her dreams. But now he was real, very real and he was hers. He could be hers forever if she let him. Knowing this was what helped her to make the decision to move in. She was choosing to live with him, she was choosing him. In a way she was choosing herself too. It was time something good happened for her.

There was a major difference between choosing and being forced into something. It made all the matter in the world. She never liked having her decisions made for her. They often ended badly and what followed was a whole lot of regret and what if's. She was done with all that. She felt as if she was facing a new beginning since she made her decision.

Amelia had spend all week deciding on what to cook for him. She really wasn't very good at cooking, but she could get by, and there was always YouTube. In her formative years, she wasn't interesting in being in the kitchen, then she had moved away from her mom. Her mom was a great cook and Amelia always regretted not paying attention when her mom tried to impart some cooking knowledge. She kind of figured out cooking on her own over the years. She could follow a basic recipe and that helped greatly. 

She pondered the limited number of dishes she could successfully make. In the end she decided on a simple meal. She didn't want to undertake something too complicated and end up with a major kitchen disaster. Things could go horribly wrong in the kitchen in a split second.

The menu was simple, a salad, salmon with pan roasted veggies and a cheesecake for dessert. That was easy enough. Most of it was being cooked in the oven so there wasn't much for her to do. She put everything in and waited for it to be done. She'd already asked him to come over and he was on his way. She decided to get dressed in the meanwhile. She wanted to look nice for him. She stared at her closet trying to decide between a dress or something cozy. In the end she choose cozy. She pulled on a pair of black slacks and a cable knit pink sweater, brushed her hair, applied some lip gloss and a little mascara.

She assessed her appearance in the mirror and being pleased with what she saw, she went to check on dinner. Everything was almost done. She gave them a few more minutes while she set the table. Her phone pinged with an incoming text just as she was placing a flameless candle near the centerpiece of white roses. Chase was going to be there in the next ten minutes. Perfect!

Her heart sped up and started to beat in anticipation of seeing him. No matter how many times she saw him or how many years they spent together, she knew that she would always feel this way about him. He made her so deliriously happy that she felt it must be illegal for one single person to feel this amount of joy, when there were others in the world who were sad. It made her want to share her happiness with all those with whom she can. This was the effect he had on her life. He made the impossible possible and gave her hope that in a world of darkness and devastation, she can still experience happiness as long as she had him.

That right there meant more to her than anything else. It was because she had spend so long in a world of darkness, it was purely miraculous that she could now term herself as being happy. She took a deep breath and tried to calm herself down. She couldn't appear nervous, thought she felt her palms getting sweaty. She wiped them off on her pants and went to the oven. Carefully removing the hot dishes, she set them on the kitchen counter. 

It was at that moment that she heard her doorbell chime. Was it ten minutes already? Wow, time does know when to speed up. Taking another deep breath, she walked towards her door. She stopped briefly to check her reflection in her hallway mirror. She brushed some stray strands of hair away from her face, wiped a bead of sweat off her upper lip and adjusted the necklace he had given her, that now hung around her neck. There, she looked nice enough, she thought. 

With a smile on her face, she opened the door to the man she loved.

Hello All,

Sorry I took so long to release another chapter. I've been having some very unmotivated days. Sometimes the words just flow and sometimes they don't. It is just life...

Hope this chapter was fun. Thank you for being faithful readers and friends. Thank you for the encouraging words. Most times I am not even sure if what I write makes much sense. But you guys always seem to enjoy reading these chapter. That means a lot to me.

xoxox- M.A