42. Chase

Amelia sat simply sipping water while her little hands were skillfully causing havoc in his pants. She was making him hard. Admittedly, he was already half way there after their brief, but fiery kissing session.

She was torturing him with the way her fingers moved. He tightened his hold on her hand and she grinned with mischief in her eyes. She fully well knew what she was doing. He raised one eyebrow in question as his mind wondered if she would dare touch him there. She just smiled playfully and glanced away.

He let out a breath that he was holding and she chuckled to herself. Oh, she was enjoying this! Hmm, he couldn't wait for them to be alone. The moment he had her to himself he was going to rip that dress off. He thought of what she was wearing underneath. She seemed to have a liking for very small panties. He felt the blood flow southwards as his mind gave him an image of her standing before him in nothing but those panties.

He was distracted and one hundred percent not aware of what was happening around him. He was startled when a server reached over to pour champagne into his glass. This caused him to tune back into his surroundings. Oh right, he was supposed to be making a speech soon.

Gracie and Derek were now standing at the head of the table.

They held hands and Derek said, "Grace and I would like to thank all of our guests for taking the time to celebrate with us today. We know that being here was a special sacrifice for some as this was very sudden."

Gracie continued, "We are forever grateful. Your kindness and generosity has known no bounds. We are humbled by the love and support you've shown us by simply being here."

"Please enjoy today and let it be but a small gift for all you have done for us. Here's to you, our family and friends!"

Derek raised his glass in a toast.

The entire wedding party raised their glasses and shouts of "cheers," were echoed all around.

Derek and Gracie took their seats and that was his cue. He placed Amelia's hand back in her lap and gave her leg a small pat. He stood up and picked up his glass. Everyone swiveled their heads to focus on him.

He cleared his throat and said, "Today I was granted the honor of being my brother's best man. I stand here today as a very proud best man. Proud because Derek has achieved something many of us dream about. He's found the one that was meant for him and managed to make her believe the same."

Laugher rang out at those words.

"All jokes aside, here's to the bride," Chase turned towards Gracie and raised his glass.

"Thank you for choosing to share your life with my brother. Thank you for showing him what true happiness is. I wish you both a lifetime of good health, joy and laughter. Cheers!"

"Cheers!" Everyone said and took a sip from their glasses.

He sat back down and smiled at Lia. She was looking a little awestruck.

"Your turn," he whispered.

"Oh, right."

She raised herself gracefully, then nervously brushed some hair off to the side of her face.

She smiled and said, "Ever since I was eight, I knew that I was going to be Gracie's maid of honor. She made me swear countless times over the years that nothing would keep me away on this day."

She looked at the newly wed couple, "I'm happy to be here to witness this monumental event in your life. Thank you for including me. I admire the way you two love each other and I wish you both nothing but the best in your new life together."

She raised her glass in congratulations and everyone did the same.

She sat back down and everyone at the table had their
turn at congratulating the bride and groom.

Chase missed most of what they were saying because he was lost in his own thoughts. His mind kept going back to what might have been his own wedding, had life not thrown him a curve ball. How cruel life was, he thought. One moment you're happy and you feel invincible. The next moment you're sad, broken and you've lost it all.

It was an event that aged him tremendously. It was the one defining thing in his life, the moment where he took a turn down a path and had no clue where it led. How many times did he not wonder why? Why him? Or why Robin and not him? Why then?

These were questions he would never have answers to. It nearly drove him mad those first few months after she was no longer with him. It took him so long to get a grip on his new reality, a world without Robin.

However, things were now starting to make sense. Amelia made sense. The way they met, his immediate attraction to her, the way he loved her, it all made sense. This was why he was still here. This was why God didn't call him home. He was supposed to be here for Amelia. She needed him and he certainly needed her. They were meant to be!

He felt comforted by that notion. Mostly because it justified his desire for her. He knew this was outrageous. No one ever falls in love in one day. Was it even love? What if he was mistaken? What if he misjudged his feelings for her?

He mulled that over for a moment. In that time she turned his way and gave him one of her dazzling smiles. He could see happiness and contentment reflected in her eyes.

She reached for his hand under the table and hooked one finger over his. Her hands were soft and delicate, her touch subtle; yet he knew the fire she was capable of igniting with those same hands. She was his wildest dream come to life, his darkest desire for love and companionship. She was his.

He had to tell her that he was in love with her. He couldn't let her leave this island without knowing his true feelings. What if something happened and he never got this chance again? What if he never saw her again? He had to cease the moment. She needed to know how much she meant to him, how much he needed her in his life.

He was quickly formulating a plan on how he was going to reveal all of this to her. He felt his nerves kick in at the prospect of opening up his heart to a girl. Her reaction would either make or brake him. Either way it was a risk he was willing to take. He had to do this.

 He had to do this

Hello.

Thanks for sticking with this story so far. I am always appreciative of your support and feedback. 

❤️❤️❤️❤️