67. Amelia

Amelia was freezing. She should have worn more clothes. Even after living in this city for so many years, she still didn't learn to layer. It was all because she was really warm blooded at heart. Some part of her still believe that when she left home eternal sunshine would warm her body. It was a disadvantage of being from Florida.

She stood on the platform of the train station peering towards her left to see if the train was approaching. She only just got here, but the cold was making her impatient. She was in constant motion, walking back and forth on the platform to keep her body warm. A strong gust of wind blew her hair wildly about her face. Some of it got stuck to her lip gloss. She didn't want to remove her hands from her pockets to move the hair. It wasn't worth loosing the heat in her fingers.

She was on time for work. She really didn't want to be late. She had tumbled out of bed and hurriedly dressed just so she could catch the seven o'clock train. She willed the train to arrive soon. She couldn't feel her face, it was too numb from the cold.

Today was December 31. As a rule of thumb she didn't work today. She always took this day off because it was one of the craziest day at work. Everyone always wanted to get stuff in at the very last minute.  Most times December 31st was already too late to still meet deadlines. However, that didn't stop people from trying.

Nevertheless, she decided to go to work today. Mainly because, if she stayed in her apartment she would just spend the entire day wallowing and feeling miserable. She would be in pajamas, eating junk and watching romance movies. Said movies would either cause her to sob hysterically or make her incredibly angry. It could go either way, her emotions were very unstable these days.

She was mostly feeling stupid. How did she let another man make a fool out of her? It was the question she kept asking herself over and over for the last six months. She knew that she was smarter after Jack. Maybe even wiser, she had more experience, she knew the signs, and yet...

She was completely bought over by a man who knew how to say all the right things and act in the perfect manner to make her love him. What a manipulator! He was worst than Jack. At least with Jack, you sort of knew what you were getting. But Chase...it as a complete surprise when she uncovered the level of his deception. Part of her brain was still trying to untangle the web of lies he wove. Amelia swore that she rather be alone forever, than give another man the chance she granted Chase.

On the flight back from Hawaii Amelia missed him terribly. She felt like she had left a part of herself with him. She stared out the window as the plane took flight and wiped away the tears running down her cheeks.
The weather had changed drastically and it matched her mood perfectly. It had started to rain and as Amelia watched the water run in rivers down the airplane window, she tried to fight the deep set fear that had taken hold of her heart. What if they lost all that they had?

She tried to think of ways that could prove that wrong. However, it would appear that some cosmic force was trying to give her a warming. It would definitely explain all her irrational fears about the situation. As soon as she was able to use her phone she decided to google him. She expected to find pictures of the adventures he'd lived and all the exciting things he spoke about. At most she was hoping that he had an Instagram account.

And he did. She found it immediately and just as quickly wished she hadn't googled him. Not only did she find pictures of his life, she found pictures of the women in his life. And yes, plural, women. There were at least five different girls on his feed within the last month.

Actually, just before he flew to Hawaii he posted about a date with someone named Tiffany. It would appear that him and this Tiffany were close, intimately close. The picture he'd posted spoke a million words. Tiffany was dressed in a mini skirt and something which resembled a bra. Her stomach was bare and she was pressed up against him. She was giving him a kiss on the cheek, while his hands were suspiciously resting on her butt. The devilish grin on his face only proved to Amelia that he was a lying, cheating bastard.

She couldn't comprehend how he could have been romantically involved all this time and still professed his love for her? Why did he lead her on? Why did he kiss her? Made love to her? Asked her to stay? Spoke about marriage? Why? Why? Why? Amelia's brain was like a broken record repeating that single word over and over again. The level of dishonesty was just mind blowing.

And Gracie! How did she not know about all these women? She was married to his brother! Didn't Derek know about his lifestyle? She was mad at Gracie for insisting that she meet Chase in the first place. Amelia knew that Gracie wouldn't intentionally hurt her. Maybe she didn't know about his dating life. Still, why rave about his character when you really didn't know him?

She was so hurt and upset that when Gracie called to find out what happened, all Amelia managed to say was that she was hurt and didn't want to see or hear from Chase ever again. Gracie tried to be a friend and asked about her well-being. But Amelia was very short with her and ended the call. Gracie understood not to press the issue and when they spoke again, she didn't mention it.

That was six months ago and Amelia was tired of feeling sorry for herself. She had decided that she wasted enough tears over him. He was long gone and she should pick herself up and move forward.

Today was the last day of the year. In a few hours everyone would be celebrating the dawning of a new year. She wanted to be part of that celebration. She wanted to dance and laugh and be merry with her friends. She wanted to forget him, maybe even pretend that she never met him. She didn't want to be alone and cry. So she'd gotten dressed and she was going to work. After work she was getting dressed again and heading to a party. It was going to be a wonderful day and an even better night. It was time for a change. Amelia was feeling empowered and focused. She finally had a plan to free her of the despair she'd been feeling.

 She finally had a plan to free her of the despair she'd been feeling

Dear faithful readers,

Is this story getting more and more interesting? What do you think? Please comment, vote and share your thoughts.

Xoxo ❤️❤️❤️

Also I've made an Instagram. You can follow me here. The link is also in my bio 💕

 The link is also in my bio 💕