Jake and the pups talk Ft. Katie

*Narrator's POV*
They were finally on a smooth, not bumping into villains or a problem zone.

It was smooth driving from here on out as the houses and building from the City seemed to somewhat vanished as Katie was still on the steering wheel guiding the truck as Ryder was in front still towing the truck like before.

Meanwhile, the pups were with Jake until Everest asked the question that has been lingering on their minds.

"Jake, where are you all taking us?" Everest asked while the pups all looked at him for the answer while Jake sat down and Everest immediately got to his side. He then petted Everest on the head.

"We're going to the City's boarders, that way the new Mayor can't get to you since the boarders is considered the city's end. Meaning that he has no rule over you and Ryder now." Jake explained.

"But what will happen to you? And to Katie and Kalie? And to all the people in Adventure Bay?" Rubble asked while Jake gave him a sad smile.

"Well Rubble, we keep on living." Jake softly said while the pups all scooted over to him and whimpered. Soon after they all fell asleep while cuddling with Jake as he fell asleep with them himself.

Katie and Ryder was talking over by the phone with Kalie asleep by her side.

"Ryder, were almost at the City's boarders, we just have to cross the bridge that leads us there and you and the pups would be free." She said while Ryder was having an uneasy look as he sighed and told Katie that all she has to do was keep on a keen eye about with the mayor, the Kitty Catastrophe Crew or the pest control getting in their way.

"Ryder, what's really going on?" Katie softly asked while Ryder was surprised to say the least.

Katie always got what he was thinking and even they were childhood best friends' way back then, it was almost impossible that she used that tone of voice on him.

He then sighed and seeing no way out of it, he then confessed to her over by the pup pad which served as a phone that was currently connected towards his motorcycle.

"Katie, I don't want my pups to have a hard time. Seeing today's events, I think... I think I actually made a wrong choice for once." He said while he felt a tear escaped his eye and rolled down on the side of his face.

"Ryder, they are your pups; your best friends and companions." Katie began as she then talked and Ryder listened to her.

"They have no reason to take them away from you just because a new Mayor says so." She said while there was a slight pause but she then continued to speak anyways.

"It doesn't matter what they're choices are, what matters is the choice your going to do." Katie said ending their discussion as it was in the middle of the night and they're going to reach the bridge by sunrise.