And they were roommates

You walked to the common room with Cedric, now and then you would feel like someone watching you, but you ignored it. "So Y/n, what year are you in?" "I'm a 3rd year" "if you don't mind me asking, why are you starting in your 3rd year?" "It's a long story..." "Well, we do have the rest of the day" "let's just say my father is a little overprotective" he looked down at you "that is just about the vaguest thing you could have possibly said" you stopped at the kitchen "we're here" Cedric reached out to a barrel, he tapped the barrel two from the bottom, middle of the second row, in the rhythm of 'Helga Hufflepuff, the lid swung open exposing a passageway. He led you and the first years into the common room. As expected the moment you entered you were welcomed with the smell of freshly baked bread and parchment. The warm cozy room and the welcoming faces were enough to make you feel better about not being in Slytherin. A kind almost motherly-looking woman approached you. "I'm Pomona Sprout, your head of house, I'm guessing your Y/n" she looked at you "yup, I'm Y/n. Do you happen to know where the girl's dormitory is?" Prof. Sprout smiled, "up the stairs on the left side." "thank you" you followed her instructions and went up the stairs to the left side. There was a row of doors organized by year, you opened the door and noticed a trunk in a corner "Hello!" A girl with long blond braids jumped out from behind the trunk "I'm Penny, Penny Haywood, it's nice to meet you"  she extended her hand "hi penny, I'm Y/n, it's nice to meet you too." "Your the new kid, aren't you?" You nodded "yep, that's me" "what classes do you have? Maybe we have something together." "I actually haven't had a chance to check." You pulled a little piece of paper out from your robe pocket. Penny and you tried to see if you had any classes together. "That's cool we have honers Potion together 1st period."
Just then a tall girl with honey blond hair came into the room. "Hay Penny" Penny's eyes eminently lit up "Hannah!" the two girls came running towards each other resulting in a bear hug. "How was your summer?" "It was Amazing, My Dad took my mom and me to Grease and we got to visit the Parthenon." "Lucky I had to babysit my little sister well my parent were off doing who knows what." "Ahem" you attempted to remind them you were there. Penny looked over at you "How rude of me. Hannah this is Y/n, Y/n This is Hannah" you extended your hand "It's nice to meet you."
Hannah smiled "It's nice to meet you too"
Penny put her arms around both of you "I have a feeling we're gonna be great friends"