Sorting

The train came to a halt. You didn't know you were supposed to go but you didn't see any point in just sitting in that compartment. You opened the door and headed to the exit of the train when suddenly you tripped over your own feat. Just as you started to go down Two arms wrapped around you "you should really watch where you're going" you heard a slightly sarcastic voice say. You looked up "Sorry Draco" you laughed as your face heated up realizing his face was half an inch away from his. He must have noticed too because the moment you regained your balance he let go, you could have sworn you saw a hint of pink in his cheeks as he walked off. As you made your way closer to the exit a stern-looking woman approached you. Her black hair was drawn into a tight bun, she wore rectangular spectacles and an emerald green cloak "hello dear. do you know where I might find a girl by the name Y/N Snape?" she questioned, "that would be me, Y/N Snape." "Oh, hello Y/N I'm professor McGonagall the deputy headmistress here at Hogwarts and you need to be sorted, follow me" you followed her off of the train into the castle and up a moving stare case into an office that held your dad, and a man with along white beard, half-moon spectacles, and a purple cloak. In the middle of the room sat an old worn hat. The man with the long white beard came up to you "Y/N it is wonderful to finally meet you, your father thought it would be best if you had a private sorting ceremony" "okay how does this work exactly?" You asked. The man walked you over to the hat picked it up and motioned for you to ait in the stool it was displayed on. You sat down and placed the hat on your head,  you were quite startled when it talking. "Hmmmmm a thirst for adventure, not a bad mind either, hard-working, kind, and loyal......... Better be... HUFFLEPUFF!" you sat in shock how could I be a Hufflepuff I'm not a pushover you thought to yourself, am I.  You looked at your dad he looked slightly disappointed, you couldn't blame him. He was the head of Slytherin house, what a disgrace to have a Hufflepuff daughter. The cloak you were wearing changed to have a canary yellow lining, a badger appeared. You realized it was kind of ridiculous to be upset about your house. So you smiled and stood up. They lead you to the great hall and joined the other staff. You made your way over to the Hufflepuff table and sat down next to a boy with dirty blond hair gray eyes and a smile plastered across his face "Hello, I don't believe we've met, I'm Cedric" "it's nice to meet you, Cedric, I'm Y/N" your eyes lit up as you watched a feast appear in front of you. You piled the food up on your plate but stopped abruptly as felt two cold eyes staring at you, so you looked behind yourself. You smirked when you saw it was Draco, you waved. When he realized he was caught his face turned a vibrant shade of Crimson, he looked away.

You finished up the feast and were exciting the great hall when you felt someone grab your hand. "Hello Y/N" you heard a familiar voice say. Hello, Cedric" you replied. "You're new here, aren't you?" He asked "Is it that obvious," you asked slightly embraced. He smiled "It's a little obvious" you mentally facepalmed.  "I could show you around if you'd like," he asked well smiling down at you "that would be very helpful" you responded. As you approached your common room you thought to your self  This is going to be an amazing year.