Chapter 1: Diagonally

It had been 13 years since you were first left on Snape's doorstep. 13 years of being kept a secret from the outside world. Like most witches and wizards your age, you had received your invitation to Hogwarts at the age of 11, but unlike most magical children you hadn't gone to the wizarding school. Even though your dad taught there he thought it was too dangerous for you.
     Each year when he would ride the train to the school of his dreams he would be left with Ms. Alice to be homeschooled. Though you had nothing against Alice you wanted to see more of the world, more than just your house and the one across the street. You wanted to go on adventures and have friends you're own age. You wanted to join a quittage team and win the house cup. You didn't want to be a sheltered little girl anymore.

You knocked on your dad's door. When he opened it he smelled like he was brewing a potion.

"Hello princess,"

He said well he picked out a cloak to replace one stained with a golden substance.

"Hi Dad,"

You looked up at him

"what are you working on,"

He stepped outside his room

"it's a surprise,"

You and your "dad" headed to the dining room.

"I made you coffee"

you announced rather proudly.

"Black?"

he inquired.

"yep, just how you like it"

you planned to butter him up before you asked him if you finally could go to school.

"Thank you, princess"

he smiled as he ruffled your hair

You poured him a cup of his favorite black coffee. After that, you wanted to make him breakfast but he beat you to the stove. Make your french toast and scrambled eggs.
     You sat down and started to read your favorite book Hogwarts a History your dad set a plate of food in front of you and poured a glass of pumpkin juice.

"y/n"  he announced

"yes, dad"

you replied.

"I was talking to Alice she said that it might be a good idea to give you a little more freedom" He continued.

"Actually I wanted to talk to you about that,"

He cut you off.

"It has come to my attention that you want to go to Hogwarts"

your eyes light up the second he finished speaking. "

Yes," You said trying to keep calm.

"You are a very good kid and you deserve to have friends your age"

he held up the invitation had been receiving since you were 11, you were so happy you could cry.

"Grab your shoes princess we're going to Diagonally."

You practically ran to your room to grab your shoes. You were ecstatic you were finally going to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Snape opened the jar of flue powder and tossed it into the flames. Once the Flames turned green he explained to you how to flue Network functioned. You stepped into the fireplace and said loudly and clearly

"Diagonally!".

You felt a dazzling sensation as you sped through hundreds of tunnels going through England. You eventually landed in a small town with shops and pubs lining the street. You sat and waited for your dad. It took less than 5 minutes for him to show up and lead you to a shop called madam malkens robes. Upon entry, you were greeted by a kind old woman.

"Come in dear."

You stepped into the shop. It was a cozy place with racks of robes, piles of fabric, and walls lined with mirrors.

"And what will we have today,"

she said well looking at you "School robes, size 6"

your "dad" interrupted in a cold tone.

"Alright,"

she said heading into what you assumed to be a storage room. She returned with a plain black robe. It fits like a glove you thought to yourself after you tried it on. After your dad paid you went on your way. You headed for another shop the sign in front read

"Ollivander's Makers of Fine Wands since 382 B.C."

when you entered the shop you were greeted by an eccentric old man.

"Welcome,"

he announced.

"Y/n is getting her first wand."

Said your "dad" in the same cold tone he uses with the lady from the robe shop.

" Wonderful"

the man declared as he grabbed a box off of one of the many shelves

"12 inches, hawthorn unicorn hair"

he muttered

"Try this,"

You opened the box and held the wand, you gave it a flick, you accidentally set fire to a stack of wands by the front door.

"Not that one," said the man as he took it away from you

''Try this"

he continued

"Oakwood, 7 inches, dragon heartstring core,"

he said as he handed you the wand. You didn't set anything on fire this time but you did fly backward and crash into a shelf. You stood up and the wand was yet again taken from you

"Not this one either"

he murmured

"I wonder?"

he grabbed another wand from the shelf.

"6 inch Hawthorne with a phoenix tail feather core. Try this,"

he urged as he handed you yet another wand. This time nothing bad happened. You gave the wand a flick and the room lit up it felt right.

"Perfect"

proclaimed the man. Your dad purchased the wand and you were on your way.

Next, you went to get textbooks and your Coldren which was pretty uneventful, apart from the fact that your Care of Magical creatures textbook tried to bite you. You couldn't believe you were going to go to Hogwarts, you had been dreaming of this day for years and now it was happing.