Part 5 ~ See You Soon

Warnings: Mentions of slight abuse/violence.

Word count: About 700

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you were being honest with yourself, you wouldn't choose many other people other than Kai to be stuck with in this horrible place for eternity. He was funny, sarcastic, smart, and strong. Everything you looked for in a guy, well, minus the sociopath part, but you didn't really mind.

As you grew closer to each other, both of you felt like you could talk to each other about everything and anything. So it was strange when you found Kai hiding in his room fidgeting with his pager.

You walked over to him, taking a seat on his bed and staying silent for a minute. "Is everything okay, Kai? You seem off." You said quietly, breaking the silence. You placed your hand on his back, trying to get his attention. He looked up at you and then looked back down at his pager.

"You can talk to me-" You started, only to get interrupted. "Will you just- be quiet!? I DON'T WANT TO TALK TO YOU!" He snapped. You stared at him, shocked. "You- You need to get out." He stuttered, grabbing you by your arm and picking dragging you off the bed.

You yanked your arm back from him, rubbing the sore spot that definitely would have bruised if you were human. "GET OUT!" He screamed. Your face got beat red in anger and you sped out of the room before you did something stupid.

Whatever was wrong with him wasn't your problem anymore. He wasn't your problem anymore.

~ Back in the real world ~

"YOU WILL GO INTO THAT PRISON WORLD AND GET HER OUT OF THERE! DO YOU HEAR ME?!" Klaus screamed at Bonnie, pinning her by her throat against the wall. "Y-yes-" She choked out.

"NOW!" He yelled once more and dropped her to the ground before speeding out of the Salvatore home.

Bonnie grabbed her phone from the floor, dialing Stefans number.

"Stefan? We've got a problem."

~ Back in the prison world ~

You sat on your bed flipping through the channels on the T.V.

You heard your door creak open. You let out a sigh and snapped your head around to look at the man in the doorway. "What do you want, Malachai." You spat, a violent undertone lacing your voice.

"I uhm- I brought you some gummy bears... I wanted to apologize for what I did earlier. I didn't mean to uh- Uhm..." He cleared his throat, trying to hide the emotion in his voice. "If I hurt you- I'm sorry."

You stayed silent as the situation that happened moments ago flashed through your mind.

You remembered how he grabbed your arm. The slight twinge of pain when he did. You remembered the pure hatred in his eyes when he screamed at you to get out of his room.

He sat the gummy bears down on your nightstand and sat next to you, staying silent. "D-did you hear me? I- I said-"

"I heard you." You spat, moving away from the brunette man. "Oh." He said quietly.

"(Y/N)... I really am sorry for- For grabbing your arm like that. I just- I hate it here. I'm trapped. And of course, I have you, but think. I've been alone for more than half of my life. I can't stand being here anymore, and we have no way out."

You knew where he was coming from. You couldn't even begin to imagine what it would be like to be in complete isolation for nearly your whole life.

You gave him a small smile, picking up the gummy bears. He smiled. "Do you forgive me?" He said, giving you a fake frown. "Yeah- I forgive you. But if you ever do anything like that again you'll be wishing I never showed up here." You threatened.

"Deal."

~ Back in the normal world ~

"Do it," Stefan said through the phone.

"We can't Stef-" Bonnie started.

"I SAID DO IT BONNIE! YOU DON'T WANT TO FIND OUT WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF WE DON'T." Stefan screamed. Bonnie had never heard Stefan like this. Ever.

"Okay- Okay I'll do it. You'll have to come with me."

"See you soon," Stefan said before hanging up the phone.