Part 7 ~ My Favorite Sociopath <3

Warning: None

Word count: Around 770

Authors note ~ Okay, I don't know if this part is good or not, so vote and comment, please :) I just wanted to say that I appreciate all the love and kindness you guys have shown me lately, it's really crazy to think that people actually like the things I write! 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It had been about a month since you and Kai escaped the prison world, and as much as you wanted to be happy it was almost impossible.

Stefan and Damon had been ignoring you since you got back. Klaus had been stalking you, leaving messages on your phone, sending letters explaining how sorry he was and that he could make it up to you, buying you "anonymous" gifts, and trying to talk you into getting back with him. And on top of all of that, you and Kai haven't spoken in days.

The one person that could make this all a bit better was dodging your calls, leaving you on read, and ignoring you when you would walk by him in the halls of your house.

The very thought of Kai leaving you got you sick to your stomach. If only you knew.

~At Kai's apartment~

"Bonnie- Just please listen to me." Kai pleaded, grabbing her hands.

"Tell her you can't be friends anymore or this relationship is over." Bonnie spat, snatching her hands from his grasp.

Just as she went to exit the apartment, Kai slammed the door shut with his magic. "Please, Bonnie. Don't make me do this."

"If you really love me you would do it." She opened the door and walked away from Kai, who had tears gathering in his eyes. He watched as she slammed the door behind her.

"DAMMIT!" He screamed, punching a hole in the wall. He slid against it, tears now falling down his face. He grabbed his phone from his pocket.

~Back to your P.O.V.~

You laid in your bed staring up at the ceiling. It had been almost 26 hours since you last slept, and you were both physically and emotionally exhausted.

Your eyes fluttered shut, and just as you were about to drift off to sleep, your phone buzzed. You groaned and grabbed it off the nightstand. 

(1) New Message - From: My Favorite Sociopath <3

You yawned as you sat up, waiting for it to load.

My Favorite Sociopath <3 - We need to talk.

Sent at 10:04 P.M.

You - Can this wait for tomorrow? I'm exhausted.

Sent at 10:05 P.M.

My Favorite Sociopath <3 - This is kind of important. Is it alright if I come to your place?

Sent at 10:06 P.M.

"Who did you kill?" You muttered to yourself, giggling.

You - Yeah. Yeah that's fine. If I'm asleep when you show up don't blame me. Haven't slept in forever haha.

Sent at 10:07 P.M.

My Favorite Sociopath <3 - Okay. Be there soon.

Sent at 10:07 P.M.

You set your phone down and walked over to your dresser, grabbing some clean clothes.

You couldn't let Kai see the state you were in right now. You knew him well enough to know that he would blame himself for not being there for you.

~ 10 minutes later ~

You sat on the couch anxiously until you heard footsteps outside. Before Kai got the chance to knock, you opened the door.

"Hi."

"Hey."

Kai brushed past you, not saying anything. You followed him into the library, where you watched him pour himself a glass of bourbon.

"You said you needed to talk?" You questioned, sitting on the couch by the fireplace.

"Y-yeah. Uhm-" He gulped. An unfamiliar feeling settled in your chest, but you pushed it down.

"We can't- We can't be friends, or whatever, anymore."

"I'm sorry Kai, but I don't think you get to decide that yourself." You stood up, walking to him. He took a few steps backwards.

"L-Look, (Y/N). I can't be your friend anymore, okay? Nothing personal." He placed his glass down and walked over towards the door. "No! Wait- Kai... Why?"

"I'm sorry." He opened the door, but before he could step outside you slammed it shut. "I'm not letting you leave until you tell me why." You spat.

You watched as Kai's whole demeanor seemed to shift. The tension in the air almost made it hard to breathe.

"Okay listen. You're simply too clingy. You're holding me back. All that time in the prison world meant nothing to me. YOU mean nothing to me."

"So all of those late night cuddles, the hugs, movie nights... They meant nothing?"

Everything in his being wanted to scream, "They meant EVERYTHING to me." But he couldn't let Bonnie go. He loved her too much.

"Absolutely nothing." He winced at his own words. Tears trailed down your face. You swallowed, trying to keep back a sob. "Get out." You spat.

Kai froze, his heart breaking even more every time he looked at you.

"GET OUT!"

He walked out of the house, leaving you all alone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors note ~ Hey! It's me again. I wanted to let you know that this is NOT the end of Kai x (Y/N). I wouldn't do that to you guys <3