11: Just Memories Long Gone

"Hey, Shirakumo?" A young version of Daiki asked his friend.

"What's up, man?" Oboro turned his head away from his slushee and to Daiki.

"... What do ya think of my drawing?" He grinned and pointed to the ground below the bench. In the dirt there was a very terrible drawing of a bird. Oboro stared at it, looked back up at Daiki, then looked back at the ground before looking back at Daiki who still held a bright grin.

"Uh... yeah! Uhm.. what is it exactly?" He asked nervously. Daiki faked being hurt and held his heart with his hand and used his other arm to cover his forehead as he looked up with fake tears falling from his eyes.

"Oh the pain! Struck in the heart by my best friend!" He shook his head rapidly to exaggerate even more, his medium length hair flying around with it.

"Ki! What are you doing?" Ayaka Aikawa walked over and put her hands on her hips as she leaned down to eye him.

Daiki froze and moved his arm up a little to look her in the eyes. "O-oh, hi Aya." He nervously waved with his eyes closed along with a tight smile pulling on his lips.

"Hello! Have you had too much sugar again?" She scolded him like a parent would their child. Oboro watched curiously and chuckled, bringing Ayaka's attention to him. When she got a good look at him she smiled and stood up straight as she walked over to face him. Daiki was internally thanking Oboro for being there until... "Oh my gosh! You look adorable!" Ayaka messed around with Oboro's hair as Daiki deadpanned at her.

"Uh, thanks?" The thanking was more of a question. "Who are you?" He glanced at Daiki momentarily only to see him shaking his head with his arms in the form of an X.

"Oh! Where are my manners? Sorry, I'm Ayaka Aikawa!" She gave a peace sign with one hand and held her other one out. Oboro took her hand, thinking she wanted to shake, but he felt soft petals when he touched her hand. He took his hand away and looked at his palm to see a cherry blossom sitting in it.

"Is that your quirk?" He smiled up at her as she proudly nods her head with her eye closed.

"Yep! My quirk allows me to either turn into any kind of plantation or make some from the palms of my hands!" She crossed her arms over her chest with a bright grin on her face.

"Lame." Daiki pitched in. Ayaka turned to him and threw an acorn at his head, hitting his forehead and making him rub the now red patch of skin. "Ow, meanie." She glared daggers at him.

~
"I-I should-should've gone- I should've gone with her! Damnit!!" Daiki fell to his knees and rams his hands on the ground. Nemuri instantly knelt down and held him tightly as he screamed out. All Shota, Hizashi, and Oboro could do was watch. "Damnit! I could've saved her! If only I didn't send her home alone! Ayaka!!!!" He screamed, shook, sobbed. Nothing could bring the dead back. Nemuri pulled him in closer and laid his head on her shoulder, shushing him and rocking him to sleep. Every once in a while he'd stir and cry in his sleep, but she would calm him back down.

She looked up at the other boys and reached one of her hands out to them, telling them to give a group hug. The three of them bent down to their knees and quickly wrapped their arms around the two.

At the age of eleven, Ayaka Aikawa died in a villain attack on the family home of the Aikawa's, along with her parents and unborn baby brother.

Daiki POV
I woke up in a cold sweat, breathing heavily as I quickly sat up and grabbed my head. 'Today, what's today, please don't tell me... oh no.' I hurriedly threw the covers off of the rest of my body and ran out of my room, straight to the kitchen.

I had a calendar stand sitting on the counter next to the coffee maker. I rushed towards it and gripped it in my hands, my long dark magenta hair falling in front of my face. When I saw the date I immediately dropped the calendar and soon after Fennix came into the fairly large room and rubbed up against my leg.

"Hey boy, we have some things to do today." I pet his side, then fell to the floor and clung to him. "It'll be okay." I tried assuring myself. Fennix whimpered and put his forehead against mine, showing he understood.