12: Disturbance In The Peace

"Mr. Aizawa, why hasn't Mr. Aikawa come in today?" Ochaco Uraraka, a first year student in class 1-A worried. The students were previously talking about the incident involving Hero Killer, Stain. They had just noticed that their assistant teacher had yet to make an appearance when he normally would have already.

"Have you already forgotten that he has other classes everyday?" Aizawa, the homeroom teacher of the class asked sternly. "But no. He won't be coming in today. Now, let's get back to the lesson." He spoke tiredly.

"Wait, he's not coming in today? Why's that?" Izuku Midoriya questioned, making the pro hero sigh.

"Today- like every year on this day- Daiki Aikawa will not be present in any classes." Aizawa explained vaguely. Some students nodded in understanding, while others still wondered why the other pro hadn't shown up to his job. One of those students who still had the thought in their heads was Katsuki Bakugo.

"He'll be out every damn day, on the same day every year? What the hell for?" He rested his chin on the palm of his hand as he rested his elbow on the desk in front of him.

~
Meanwhile, Daiki could be seen walking down the street with different types of flowers in a large bouquet. He was wearing a black dress shirt with floral designs 'matched' with a pair dark grey cargo pants with straps. His head was hung low and Fennix slowly walked by his side.

They came to a tall and dark metal fence, Daiki looked up as the two reached closer to the gate. He pushed it open for him and Fennix and once they were inside he closed it.

The pair walked to the back of the cemetery where a few cherry blossom trees stood above three gravestones. Daiki knelt down as Fennix sat down to his left.

Daiki sighed before speaking. "Hey Mom, Dad, Aya." His voice was soft and calm, but the way he was feeling on the inside showed pain and sorrow. Even after so many years the pain was still the same as it was in the beginning, he could never let it go. He had moved on, but his guilt stayed with him.

Fennix rubbed up against Daiki's side like always. The teacher fell back and sat on the ground next to the fox. He took two spider lily flowers out of the bouquet, one red, one white. He set them in front of the graves labeled;

Takeshi Aikawa

A once strong hero who fought until the end

Rest In Peace

~

Dai Aikawa

A once courageous beauty and protector

Rest In Peace

The red flower went in front of his mother's grave and the white went to his father's. Daiki sighed again and looked down at the other flowers in the bouquet. There were five white and pink chrysanthemums. His parents loved spider lilies and Ayaka favorited chrysanthemums. Daiki set the other flowers in front of the gravestone labeled;

Ayaka Aikawa

Taken away too soon

She shall live on in our hearts

Rest In Peace

"Do you think she's happy, Fennix?" Daiki raised his hand up and pet Fennix's head, both of them looking at the calming sky. Fennix, of course, didn't answer, but instead leaned into Daiki's touch.

~
Daiki was currently patrolling with his staff in his left hand and his hero attire on. After he visited the cemetery- Oboro and his family- he went back home, left Fennix there, and went out to do something productive.

The sun was just starting to set when Daiki heard a loud scream from an alleyway. He picked up his pace into a sprint, gripping his staff tighter.

When he turned down the alley he saw a woman on the ground with one of her arms pulling herself further back and the other trying to keep the man in front of her away. There was a tall man in front of her, slowly walking towards her. He had short dark brown hair and tanned skin. He wore a dark grey t-shirt and black pants.

The woman noticed Daiki and cried out in joy, causing the man to turn to the hero. He grinned wickedly and turned his full body towards Daiki.

"Would ya look at that? A low level hero coming to save the day. Say, Pro Hero Animal, aren't you one of the few who aren't ranked?" The villain took his time as he slowly stepped closer to Daiki. The shapeshifter narrowed his eyes with a glare. He pulled his staff in front of him, ready to defend or attack.

Suddenly, the man and woman disappeared. Daiki was shocked, he turned around to look at the other side of the alleyway, only to see nothing- nobody. Then, out of nowhere, two hands grabbed Daiki's face and covered both of his eyes. He tried to fight back, but it was as if the hands were glued to his head.

"I just needed a distraction." A venomous voice teased into his ear. Then after a few more seconds of struggle, Daiki lost consciousness and he fell to the ground. The new dark figure stepped over his limbs and pulled Daiki up by his hair. The figure bent down and leaned into his ear. "Time to finish the job." He dropped Daiki's hair, making him hit the ground face first.