Results

"Okay, from what I can tell you are about seven weeks along," Dr. Cobb said, looking at the blob on the screen in front of her.

Regina stared at it, mesmerized. She and Robin had talked about expanding their family but had taken a rather "que sera, sera" approach after their wedding. With him touring and her participating on the show, they didn't want to try in earnest just yet - agreeing to wait another year.

It seems nature had other plans.

"So wait, she's been pregnant during almost the entire competition?" Robin asked, frowning. "Will that affect the baby?"

Dr. Cobb shook her head. "No, not really. Regina is healthy and her body is already used to ballroom dancing, which gives her an advantage. She can continue dancing as her pregnancy progresses, though you will have to limit which stunts you do."

"I understand," Regina said. "Not my first time at this particular rodeo."

"I thought you stopped dancing to have Henry?" he asked, sounding confused.

She chuckled. "Yes, but not at first. Daniel and I danced until I was about six months along and really starting to show, not that Gold was happy about that."

"I imagine Gold wasn't happy about a lot," he replied, scowling at the thought of her former coach and the former head judge on the show. She didn't blame him - Gold had tormented her for years and then had turned his ire onto them while they were on the show together. Even though it had been a few years since they last saw him, the thought of him still left a bad taste in both their mouths.

"Do you have any other questions?" Dr. Cobb asked, looking mostly at Robin. "I'm happy to answer them."

He shook his head. "Not right now. But maybe next time?"

The doctor laughed. "Alright. Well, everything looks good and I'll sign off on you dancing tonight. Just watch your sugar levels. We can't have you fainting again."

"I will be careful," Regina promised. She then patted Robin's hand. "He'll also make sure I eat."

"Absolutely," he replied, kissing her hand.

Dr. Cobb nodded, standing. "Good. But I do want to keep an eye on you to make sure you don't develop gestational diabetes."

"Is that a possibility?" he asked, sounding panicked again. Regina wondered if he had been this bad with Marian and decided to ask Claire about it later.

"Well, in some ways, it's always a possibility. But the fact that Regina already had an experience of low blood sugar is concerning. However, she does have some other factors that also contribute to low blood sugar - she's in active competition and so keeping up with an athletic routine. And she didn't know she was pregnant so she maybe didn't make the same choices about food she would've had she known," Dr. Cobb explained matter-of-factly but still in a comforting tone.

Regina nodded before patting Robin's hand. "So what she's saying is that it's a possibility but not necessarily a given."

Dr. Cobb nodded. "Exactly."

"Alright," he said, relaxing a bit. He turned to the doctor. "Thank you."

"You're welcome. Now, why don't you two go home, get something to eat and get some rest before today's show?" Dr. Cobb suggested. She then turned to Robin. "And don't Google anything I talked about today. Got it, Dad?"

Robin looked sheepish as he nodded. "Got it."

He then helped Regina up and she went to change from the gown they had given her when she was shown into the office. Back in her clothes, she took his hand and they went so she could schedule her next appointment. The admin there handed her an envelope with their first sonogram pictures and congratulated them. She then leaned forward. "I'm a big fan," she told them.