A Celebration

A/N: This chapter uses Sean Maguire's song "Count on Me."

"Do you need to go into the studio today?" Robin asked as Regina silenced her alarm. He propped himself up on his elbow as he looked at her.

She picked up her phone, finding a message from Nimue there. Regina shook her head. "I've been instructed not to come into the studio until tomorrow. They're probably trying to figure out what to do with Percy."

He frowned. "It's not complicated. He needs to be taken off the show. Period."

"I know," she said, wishing it could be just as simple as that. "But we both also know how contracts work as well."

"Right," he replied with a sigh. "They are probably deep in negotiations with whatever team Percy has left."

Regina nodded, checking her phone again. "Since Nimue said I should still come in tomorrow, I guess they're hoping to have it resolved by then."

"There's only one way to resolve this," Robin said. "You should not be forced to dance with him. Same for Anna."

"Definitely," she agreed, curling against him. He laid back down and wrapped his arm around her, kissing her forehead as she smiled. "Well, now I have the day to spend with you and the boys."

He grinned as well. "I like the sound of that. What do you want to do?"

She bit her lip as she thought about it. "Roland has been mentioning a hayride not far from here. Maybe we could all do that," she said.

"I think that sounds great," he replied. "Unplug for a bit and keep Percy's fallout far from us."

"Yeah," she agreed. "I don't think I want to even open Twitter now."

"Then don't. Just close your eyes and get some more sleep. Then we can let the boys know our plan and head out there, all without ever checking social media," he assured her, wrapping his arms around her. "Deal?"

She chuckled before nodding. "Deal."

He kissed the top of her head. "Then sweet dreams, sweetheart. I'll see you in a few more hours."

"Sweet dreams, Robin," she replied, closing her eyes. "See you then."

They drifted back off to sleep together, wrapped up in each other's arms.

*****

"Okay, we need to find some place that makes candy apples," Regina said, finishing the one she got from the farm. "I think they might be my first craving."

Robin chuckled as he hit the button to open the gates to their house. "I'll keep that in mind. If it is in my power, I promise you will have all the candy apples you want."

"You're the best," she said, grinning at him before he drove up the driveway to the house.

"I'm not going to complain," Roland said, finishing off his candy apple as well. Regina glanced behind and chuckled, seeing how red his face was. He had a date with a facecloth as soon as they walked into the house. And so did Henry, though his face wasn't as bad as his stepbrother's.

Robin put the car into park and turned off the engine. "Here we are! What else do we want to do today?"

"Can we eat outside? And have a game night?" Roland asked, bouncing in his seat as he unbuckled himself.

"That actually sounds like a lot of fun," Henry said. "Maybe we could also play some music too?"

Robin chuckled, nodding. "Of course we can."