Halloween

Note: This chapter uses lyrics from Beyonce's song "Haunted".

"How do I look, Majesty?"

Roland stood next to her bed as he held out his arms, slowly turning around to show off his Spiderman costume as Regina inspected it. She smiled before motioning for him to come closer. Kissing his forehead, she said: "You look amazing, sweetheart. Have a good day at school."

"I will," he replied, hugging her. "Will you be able to take us trick or treating later?"

"Yes," she assured him. "I'll definitely be finished on time to do that."

He pulled back, grinning. "Good. I really like it when you take us around trick or treating."

She chuckled, brushing his curls back. "I like it when I can take you around trick or treating as well."

"Time to go, Roland," Henry said, entering the room. He was dressed as Indiana Jones, complete with a whip tucked into his waistband.

Regina motioned for her son to come closer before tugging on his plastic whip, raising her eyebrow. "I don't think you will be allowed to have this in school. I would leave it here if you don't want to have it confiscated."

He let out a groan but nodded. "Yes, Mom."

"Good," she said, kissing his cheek. "Have a good day and I'll see you later. You have fun at the school party, okay?"

"I will, Mom," he replied, hugging her. "And I'll probably see you for some trick or treating later as well."

That surprised her as Henry had already stopped trick or treating the year before when he got into high school. She tilted her head. "Are you sure? You don't have to feel obligated to go if you don't feel comfortable going."

"I know," he replied, "but I figured you and Robin would take Roland straight from the show and since we're going to be there anyway..."

"You're coming to the show?" she asked, even more surprised. She didn't recall discussing having the boys there, though she had no objections to them coming for Halloween Week. It was almost as fun as Disney Week and she knew they had enjoyed it in the past.

He nodded, grinning. "It's Halloween Night. And rumor has it there may be something special happening on the show that no one should miss."

She chuckled, knowing what he was referring to, and nodded. "I've heard the same. You're right. It should be an amazing show."

"I can't wait," he said, backing out of the room. "I'll see you later. Have a good show, Mom, I love you!"

"Love you too," she called out as he left. She imagined that Robin was calling for Henry so that they weren't late to school and she chuckled to herself as she curled up under the blankets again. Regina closed her eyes, hoping for a little more rest after being up earlier with another bout of morning sickness.

In what felt like only a few minutes, someone started to shake her. "Regina, love, you need to wake up. We need to head out to the studio soon," Robin told her.

She let out a soft groan. "Five more minutes."

He chuckled before shaking her again. "I wish I could give you those five minutes but you need to eat. And we don't have much time for that so you need to get up now."

"Ugh," she said, opening her eyes to find him hovering over her. "I hate it when you make sense."

"I know," he replied. "Now you know how the children feel when we wake them up."

She chuckled. "I probably sounded like them just now, didn't I?"

He nodded as he sat on his side of the bed. "For that moment, I heard Henry when I try to wake him on the weekends."