Ch.7: Heartless.

Song: Dollhouse - Melanie Martinez.

Yuzu's research finally ended…

He even needed to pay a private detective to go to the previous city where they lived to finally collect all the information he needed and he was satisfied… but he wasn’t happy with the things he saw.

How could someone do something like this to a person like (Y/n)? He didn’t deserve that kind of treatment.

Reading over and over again the last file that the detective gave him, he couldn’t help but get more angry with the white haired man.

‘Kazama Hajime has a torrid affair with Iwai Sachie, a common friend of his an (Y/n) that stopped talking to him almost five years ago. This affair occurred while Hajime was still in a relationship with (Y/n). Hajime and that woman had a son that he hides from his husband which is four years old. They live in the previous city where they used to live and there are some weekends that Hajime visits them while his husband is oblivious on their house’

Yuzu looks at the pictures of the little boy with the woman and it was more than clear that he was Hajime’s kid.

In one hand, he wanted to tell (Y/n) about this even if he had to explain him that he searched information of Hajime, but on the other hand, he wasn't heartless enough to break it out at someone as pure as (Y/n).

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

Hajime fixes his suit and grabs his luggage looking at his husband with a smile.

“You better get back in Monday for our anniversary” (Y/n) fixes his tie and looks at his eyes with a smile.

Hajime chuckles and nods “Don’t worry, I’ll be back in a day or two… depending on how long this deal will take to finish” he caresses his cheeks with a smile “But I swear that I’ll do everything it takes to come back to you for our anniversary”

“Thanks” he rests his face on his hands “Because I already have the whole day planned for us… I even ask for the day free on my work so I can be all yours”

Hajime smiles and leans down to kiss him “You are too nice for this world, (Y/n). I still wonder if you are really my husband”

He giggles “I’d like to think that if I’m nice with the world then maybe the world will be nice with me too”

Hajime chuckles and rest his forehead on his “The Uber won’t be here in fifteen minutes… why don’t we…?”

(Y/n) smirks and kiss him biting his lip gently “Come back early for our anniversary and you can have all you want from me” he winks at him making him whine.

“I retire what I said earlier, you are cruel with me” he pouts.

“I’m an evil bitch” (Y/n) says pulling his cheeks.

Hajime laughs and leans down kissing him again. (Y/n) hugs him close to him while kissing back.

Hajime’s phone rings indicating that the Uber arrived.

Breaking the kiss, Hajime looks at his phone and then back at his husband.

“I have to go”

“Okay"

They walk to the door as Hajime exits turning around to kiss him one last time.

“I love you” Hajime smiles at him.

“I love you too” (Y/n) kisses him one more time “Please take care and don’t forget to text me”

“I will” he kisses his forehead and walks to through the hall "And don't bring random people into our house while I'm gone"

"You can't tell me what to do, bitch" he snaps his fingers making him chuckles before entering into the elevator.

Once he was completely alone, (Y/n) sighs and enters back to his home closing the door behind him. Checking his watch, he notices that he still had a couple of hours before taking the train to the school. Laying on the sofa, he decides to take a little nap before getting ready for the day.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

Since it was Friday, (Y/n) and Yuzu didn’t have to work on the last period. When the last bell rang, the grabbed their things and walked to the exit together.

“Yuzu, do you want to have a cup of coffee?” he points at the direction where the cat café was “Hajime is on a business trip so I’ll have the whole weekend free”

“Is he going for an entire weekend?” Yuzu frowns.

“Yes! I mean… he said that he would return for our anniversary on Monday so…”

Yuzu looks at his excited face with a heavy heart “Anniversary?”

(Y/n) nods “If you want to talk about it then let’s go to the café” he smiles.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

“So… for how long were you two dating?” Yuzu asks.

“Five years” he reads the menu as his smile widens “We are going to celebrate the sixth year this Monday… along with our first anniversary since we got married”

Yuzu looked at the man in front of him… it hurts him how much harm someone is willing to do to him.

“How is the relationship between you two?”

“It wasn’t easy… We had our ups and downs but he loves me and I love him… after all, he is everything I have left” he could see something somber on his eyes.

“You haven’t talked to your parents for a long time, right?”

“Right…” he mutters “It’s not like I haven’t tried to… it’s just… they decided to cut me out completely from their lives”

“Sorry to hear that”

“It’s okay” he puts down the menu looking at him with a smile “I’ve got that little hope that someday they’ll pick up the phone and talk to me after all… Who is heartless enough to hurt someone that they love?... or at least I want to believe that no one is heartless enough to hurt someone they love” he sighs “You must think that I’m delusional or an idiot… maybe both... and you might be right”

Yuzu shakes his head “There’s nothing bad in having faith on the people”

“Do you have faith on the people?” he tilts his head.

“… I don’t, the only payoff of having any faith is getting it tested everyday… and I’m not strong enough for that… but I’m glad that there are people like you in this shattered world” he looks at his eyes filled with hope and frowns lightly looking at the side.

“Is something bothering you?”

“I wish you were more heartless, so the bad things that happens to you wouldn’t hurt you so much”

(Y/n) chuckles and shakes his head.

“Why would I be heartless if I have people like you and Hajime by my side?”