Ch.9: Heartbroken.

Song: Hurts Like Hell - Fleurie.

The moon shined the teacher’s room as (Y/n) stares blankly at the dull wall in front of him, even with Yuzu’s arms around him and the calming heartbeat of his chest resounded on his ear, he felt shallow.

“Yuzu, I’m sorry for keeping you this long” he sighs and separates himself from Yuzu standing up “I forgot my wallet in my apartment so I can’t pay a hotel”

“If you don’t want to go back then you can stay at my house, I don’t mind”

“It’s too much to ask…”

“I insist…”

(Y/n) thinks for a second and then nods. He turned off his phone a long time ago, he didn’t want to get unwanted call from the man that broke his heart, besides, he was starting to look more like a mess. He hadn’t sleep for a whole day and he was beyond tired.

“I don’t want to bother” he mutters.

He stands up “You will never be a bother, (Y/n)” he pats his head making him look at him. It pained him to see him like this, he deserved the world and not the shit that his husband made him go through.

It was almost incredible to see how a heartbreak can change someone.

“Okay… thanks” he smiles gently.

“Let’s go…”

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

Yuzu parks his car in front of his house and gets down of the vehicle as well as (Y/n). Yuzu waits for him to be by his side to walk to the door opening it. Yuzu lets him enter first, (Y/n) notices that the house was designed in a classic fashioned style.

“Yuzu…” an old woman walks in front of them.

“Mother” he nods in acknowledgement.
Her eyes turned to the smaller figure next to his son and smiles at him.

“I think we never met before… Are you one of Yuzu’s friends?”

(Y/n) smiles and nods, he can’t help but think on his own mother. She always tried to be supportive with him, even when she couldn’t understand his feelings or what was going on his mind… he remembers the painful look on her eyes when her husband rejected his own son making him choose between therapy to change his ‘abnormal’ style of life or moving out from their house and never talk to them again. He could still see the heartbroken expression on her face when he chose to leave with Hajime.

She didn’t have a say on that discussion, she only followed his husband like the good wife she was told to be… (Y/n) resented her for that… but now…

He misses his mother.

A pair of warm hands places themselves on his cheeks waking him up from his little trance and seeing the old lady smiling at him with sympathy on her eyes. He didn’t notice the tears falling from his eyes.

“It seems that you went through a lot in a single day, darling…” she dries the tears with her thumbs “Why don’t we go to the kitchen so I can prepare you something warm to drink?”

“I-I’m fine…”

“I understand how it must feel… the pain clenching on your chest making it hard to breathe and the constant thought of not wanting to worry anyone around you makes your head hurt” she holds his hand leading him to the kitchen “Ignoring those feelings won’t make them disappear… I can’t promise you that a cup of tea will dissolve all your problems but I assure you that it will make them easier to deal with…” she looks at his son “Please prepare him the guest room”

“I will” he smiles at them and walks upstairs.

It took him less than five minutes to get the room ready, he walks back to the kitchen and sees the two persons he cares the most having a small chat. (Y/n) seemed more relaxed than before with the cup on his hands.

“It’s ready”

“Good” she smiles and stands up “You must feel exhausted, I will clean the cup” she pats his head “Please go and rest properly”

He stands up and bows “Thank you, Mrs. Watanabe”

“No problem, darling” she grabs the cup and nods at him “Have a good night”

“Likewise…” he smiles and stands up walking towards Yuzu as he guided him to the room “I want to thank you both for letting me stay here for the night…”

Yuzu enters into the room letting him enter as well “It’s okay, please make yourself home… I… can lend you clothes to sleep”

“I would like that, please” he smiles at him and sits down on the bed.

Yuzu nods and exits the room returning after a minute “Here…” he hands him the clothes.

“Thanks… again, sorry for saying it too many times” he chuckles lightly.

“It’s fine” he smiles at him and sits down next to him “So… Do you want to talk about it?” he looks at his face and sees his eyes getting glassy each second “Or maybe not…”

“N-No, it’s okay… I…” he chuckles humorlessly “Just found out that my life is a lie and that I have nothing left” he sobs and cleans his tears.

“I’m sorry to hear that” he pats his back.

“D-Don’t worry, I would get over it… in a decade or two…… maybe three” he mutters.

“(Y/n)…”

“I know” he looks at his eyes “The wound is still fresh”

“I understand” he pats his head “Call me if you need anything” he stands up and walks towards the door”

“I don’t want to sound like a broken record but… thanks for everything” he smiles gently.

He blushes at the face of his friends and nods “Anytime…” he closes the door and takes a deep breath. He wanted nothing more than entering back and hold him on his arms assuring him that everything would be fine. However, for now he would maintain his distance until he is comfortable enough to let him do it.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●

It was late at night and Hajime walked to one side to the other, he got home earlier expecting to see his husband on their apartment but he didn’t come home, he also didn’t answered his phone and his voice mail was full.

He didn’t even know where he was, the only chance he has now is to see him on the high school where he worked. He tries to think in a way to get him back…