Ch.20: Closer.

Song: Dark Side - Bishop Briggs.

(Y/n) stares at the window next to his desk in the classroom, deep lost in thought. He starts thinking about the events that happened ever since he moved to this city. He wanted to start a new life with his then husband and everything was supposed to be perfect. He couldn't foresee what was going to happen, Hajime broke his heart, he left his department, he filed for divorce and now he is currently living with his friend whom he is hooking up and his lovely mother that serves him tea and talks to him whenever he feels down. He likes it so far... including his students that knows no boundaries by sending literature memes at three in the morning in the chat group that it is meant to be for homework and serious questions only.

"Is something in your mind?"

(Y/n) looks at the side seeing Yuzu walking up to him and leaning down to kiss his head.

"Nothing much..."

"Is nothing much in a 'I have a lot of worrying thoughts in my mind that I won't tell you because I don't want to worry you too' or 'I have train of unrelated thoughts that it's hard to put in a sentence'" he smiles at him and places a hand over his.

"The later one" he smiles "One of my students thought it'll funny to send an 'Edgar Allan Pog' pic this morning as soon as I told them that we are working with his tales"

"What's an 'Edgar Allan Pog'?" he chuckles.

"You don't want to know" he shakes his head "But it'll be interesting when I'll make them read something traumatizing from Poe"

"Telltale Heart?"

"The Black Cat"

"Neat" he nods "Are you ready for the PTA meeting?"

"Is anyone really ready for a PTA meeting?"

"No, but the kids love you so you'll have the parents all over you"

"God, no... I'll kill myself if I have to shake everyone's hand and engage into small conversations"

"It gets easier every semester... avoiding them, I mean"

"Teach me your ways"

Yuzu chuckles and grips a little his hand in a reassuring way. Hearing an exaggerated gasp from the door. Looking at the entrance, they see two girls in school uniform rushing back into the hallway.

"Shit..." (Y/n) laughs and rests his head on the desk "They saw us holding hands, it's going to be hell with the gossips"

Yuzu smiles and leans down kissing his head.

"They are crazy hormone teenage girls..." he mutters on his ear "No one is going to believe them"

"I just realized that they still think that I'm married to another man" he groans against the table.

"So, to them I'm a home wrecker..."

"Yes" he looks up at him "How dare you take me away from my lovely and faithful husband?"

"It's my modus operandi, I'm sorry..."

(Y/n) chuckles before looking down at his phone and sighs.

"Speaking of the devil..." he shows him his phone.

Yuzu frowns at the sight of plenty missed calls from Hajime and sketchy messages from him. He was getting a little fed up with his annoying behavior.

"Can you block his number?"

"I did... the first three times" he sighs and blocks the number.

"I'm sorry" he takes his hand and kisses it.

(Y/n) smiles at him and shakes his head.

"Okay, let's stop before they come up with more students" he gets up from his chair "The next class it'll be my last one, would you like to go for coffee?"

"Oh, I have some arrangements to run for now, see you tonight at the PTA meeting" he extends his hand "Professor (L/n)"

"Very professional, Professor Watanabe..." he grabs his hand and shakes it.

They look at the door seeing a couple of students peeking from the door and muttering to themselves, once they noticed that the professors saw them, they rushed back to the hallway.

"Sweet Jesus" (Y/n) sighs "We are just shaking hands!"

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

Yuzu parks his car in front of (Y/n)'s old apartment and looks at the window. He wants what's the best for him, he knows what's the best for him... and right know, Hajime it's on the way of (Y/n)'s happiness. He starts tapping his fingers on the wheel as a train of thoughts start running through his mind. He wants to deal with this nuisance... ever since he met him, he knew that he wasn't good for (Y/n), he felt glad that he could show that to him. At first, Yuzu thought that by exposing him, he would leave him be, but Hajime showed himself to be a real asshole.

The grip on the wheel tightens as he starts thinking on other ways to deal with him, those ways leaded into an illegal route. He wonders how long it'll take him to do something that could land him in prison. Taking a deep breath, he decides that for now, he would be civilized and talk to him into signing the papers and fucking off.

Exiting the car, he starts walking to the building but stops himself when he sees Hajime arguing with a woman. Taking a step back, he looks to the other side and eavesdrop the conversation hiding behind at pillar.

"He knows the truth, and so fucking what? Get over him and move in with me and your son"

"Oh, fuck no" Hajime glares at her "Look, I send you the money you ask, I visit you two as you ask but that was my doom"

"Hooking up with me every time you and him had a disagreement was your doom, now deal with the consequences"

"This isn't over... our relationship isn't over, he'll come around" he checks his phone seeing no answer from (Y/n) yet "As soon as he has an anxiety attack, he would reach out to me, I'm everything he has"

The woman groans and rolls her eyes "Your son needs a paternal figure..."

"Then call one of the guys you bring to the house in the weekends"

"How dare-"

"Don't play innocent Sachi" Hajime frowns "I don't care whatever you do with your life, just accept the money I send you and leave me the fuck alone"

"Fuck you!" the woman storms off towards a car as Hajime enters into the house.

Sighing, Yuzu decides to walk back towards his car. His patience with this man was running thin, and now that he knows that he is worth nothing at all, he knows how he will deal this issue.